Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bid2ask77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
New York
I was just woundering if bitesms is really worth spending the money on. What make it worth it.

bigsexyy81

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Well I believe it's free if you don't mind the ads...

But to answer your question, yes. If I could only have one app on a JB, it would be bite. SBSettings next, but bite all the way. Saving a few seconds every text with my phone on lock is huge, and post-dating texts is a great feature.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Well worth every penny but you can use it for free with all its features for as long as you want. You will only see a small banner ad on the bottom when you open up the bitesms program.
No big deal IMO but I bought it anyway.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
i believe its worth it. good thing is the dev adds to it, makes it better, releases new versions. its not a one and done app.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
As others stated it's well worth the money. I enjoy it simply bcuz of Quick Reply/Compose. That and you can create/respond to a text regardless of what app you're in the middle of using. I think you can do it with other JB SMS apps but when I first JB'd, everyone was like, You gotta get BiteSMS! So, I did. Don't regret it.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
100% worth every penny! It's something I literally use thousands of times every month and I can't imagine using my phone without it. If someone told me that I could only have one jb app, bitesms would be my pick (lockinfo would be a distant 2nd).

los318

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Austin, Tx
love it. Its a personal thing if you wanna drop that coin but i hate ad's and buy when i can. So to me, it was worth it.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I actually just JB my iPhone 4 the other day just to get BiteSMS. I'm still on the 14-day trial period, but after a few hours of using it, I plan on purchasing the full license when my trial expires. And $8.99 really isn't that bad a price if you use the app every single day.

whiskeyvol

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
i love it, but can't get the 'call' function to work from the popup when a message is received. anyone have suggestions?

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
like others have said the free version will give you all the features just has ads so you will know if you like it or not, then you can buy the ad free version if you choose

djrobsd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2008
Hands down, would have switched to a Droid if didn't have my JB iPhone with Bite. One thing to note, the free version sucks, for some reason the ads on the free one made my Bite crash all the time, and slowed down my phone. After updating to the paid version everything worked perfectly.

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
yes worth the money, mywi is second only to bitesms in my book. (bought both). i even have a irealsms license but they really have lagged development so i switched

whiskeyvol

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
like others have said the free version will give you all the features just has ads so you will know if you like it or not, then you can buy the ad free version if you choose

i have the paid-for version. still can't call from the popup. also, can't send messages from bitesms - says 'no credits left'. i have to send messages via mobile carrier.

this means nothing in the general scheme of things, but just wondering why they aren't working properly

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
i have the paid-for version. still can't call from the popup. also, can't send messages from bitesms - says 'no credits left'. i have to send messages via mobile carrier.

this means nothing in the general scheme of things, but just wondering why they aren't working properly

The no credits left its because its trying to send your texts via bitesms's textfreak service. In order to use textfreak instead of your carriers texts you have to pay for them, they're not free.
Go to the bitesms settings and select default send method: "send via mobile carrier"
The "call" option works fine here on 4.3.1 with 5.2bitesms. Maybe try a reinstall.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario

you need credits to use biteSMS as the sender, they are mostly used for internationall sending, they offer better rates then most carriers, if your just using your carriers SMS plan then you should be sending via mobile carrier

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
It worth Every penny!
:eek:

Time stamps
Cheaper international Messaging
Gvoice integration
Delay send
Contact Pictures
Custom SMS sounds (per contact)
canned responses, templates
Quick Replay/Compose
More complete notification system
Retry on failed
Scheduale
Delivery reports
SMS signatures
Character Counter

So much more....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.