Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pribl

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
in some windows application I need press "print screen" button. how can I do it in my macbook pro ?

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Cmd + shift + 3 for whole screen. Do cmd + shift + 4 instead and you can draw what you want captured.

jefkit

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2011
pasting internet screen shot into Word

Different twist...I'm trying to copy an internet page (screen print) into a Word document. I have tried both Command Shift 3 and Command Shift 4. I'm not having success in pasting the view into Word. All I get is a picture of the black Word doc being pasted into itself.

What am I doing wrong?

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010
Different twist...I'm trying to copy an internet page (screen print) into a Word document. I have tried both Command Shift 3 and Command Shift 4. I'm not having success in pasting the view into Word. All I get is a picture of the black Word doc being pasted into itself.

What am I doing wrong?

Once you do the cmd shift 4 you have to draw a rectangle over the area you want to screen print. If you're getting a black picture it means you didn't draw the rectangle and so it too a pic of nothing (basically speaking)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.