Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrittQ

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2007
Is there a way to restore my iPhone without upgrading to 2.0? I want to sell it unlocked.

Thanks.

Ben C

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2007
Hold shift when clicking the Restore button to restore to a different firmware. :)

Ozz.Man

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2008
I hold down shift then click restore button all it says is "downloading software and will restore". Where do we get to choose?

Ozz.Man

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2008
I am using a Mac. All I saw was this
Hold shift when clicking the Restore button to restore to a different firmware

Now that makes more sense with the option click

Ben C

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2007
Sorry, I didn't realize that Macs were different. :( Odd when both have shift keys...

BrittQ

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2007
Thanks.

But, is the 1.1.4 firmware file saved somewhere automatically on my computer when I downloaded it and installed it when it was released?

I want to wipe everything from phone, and keep the firmware at 1.1.4

Jenny1382

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2010
Im tryin to restore my iphone 3gs on 3.1.2 and it starts but then itunes says its not available and to try late. anyone has any idea on wat to do?

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Im tryin to restore my iphone 3gs on 3.1.2 and it starts but then itunes says its not available and to try late. anyone has any idea on wat to do?

Unless you have your SHSH on file in Cydia or saved locally (and if you don't know what I'm talking about you probably don't) then it is now impossible to restore to 3.1.2. Apple will only allow you to restore your 3GS to 3.1.3 (which, sadly, will make it unjailbreakable).

It's definitely worth checking in Cydia (green lettering at top of first page) to see if you have your 3.1.2 SHSH on file, though.

Also? In the future please don't revive a two-year-old thread about a completely different model of iPhone and a completely different issue to ask your question.

Jenny1382

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2010
Unless you have your SHSH on file in Cydia or saved locally (and if you don't know what I'm talking about you probably don't) then it is now impossible to restore to 3.1.2. Apple will only allow you to restore your 3GS to 3.1.3 (which, sadly, will make it unjailbreakable).

It's definitely worth checking in Cydia (green lettering at top of first page) to see if you have your 3.1.2 SHSH on file, though.

Also? In the future please don't revive a two-year-old thread about a completely different model of iPhone and a completely different issue to ask your question.

I cant turn on my phone everything has been deleted, do you know any other way to get the shshs #?

astro2

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2009

first off why didn't you install aptbackup, then backup with itunes, thus you don't need this shshs file (whatever that is)

dew nei lo mo annk Demi-Goddess (Moderator)

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
How is it some Newbs can find these old threads to try to act like experts. While other Newbs will start a new thread when there are already 10 threads just like it in plain site. :rolleyes: this question and the meaning of life bother me. :p

what-the-hell-is-this.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.