Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you CURRENTLY having trouble Reviewing iOS App you got through a Redemption Code?

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Hello, today I noticed that on my iPad, I can't review any of the apps I got through Redemption Codes given to me by the developers.
The App Store on the iPad shows that I have Installed the application, but when I try to review it, a message pops up saying: "You do not own this item... etc.".

This must be a recent problem as in the past I was able to review all apps I have installed, without any problems.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
This was an issue for me last week, but it seems to be working now. It seems App Store had major issues last week, ranging from inability to review and rate apps from iPad, many apps not showing up as available, and already downloaded apps not reporting as INSTALLED or INSTALL. It may still be happening on some select titles.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
This was an issue for me last week, but it seems to be working now. It seems App Store had major issues last week, ranging from inability to review and rate apps from iPad, many apps not showing up as available, and already downloaded apps not reporting as INSTALLED or INSTALL. It may still be happening on some select titles.

Thanks for letting me know. Then this must be a temporary glitch. The strangest thing is that only happens with applications I got through Redemption Codes I got from several developers. All other applications I either purchase or download don't have this problem.

Thanks!

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
Just so you know, I just had this problem on an app that I paid real money for. So it's definitely not limited to redemption code apps. I did have the problem once last week on an app I got with a code, and it cleared up in about a day, so I'm hoping this time it does too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.