Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
I was wondering if anyone knows how to get Windows 7 to play nice with the MDP to HDMI adapter. My TV says no signal. I JUST updated my graphics drivers, but nothing works.

Any help?

EDIT: Or does it only work with MDP --> VGA?

Last edited:

zwodubber

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2011
PA
Not sure what to tell you, I had no issues using the MDP to HDMI. I have a bootcamp win7 install.

After installing windows did you insert the mac os cd and update all the drivers?

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
Yes I have done all updating and everything necessary. I'm going to try some custom video card drivers later. I tried 2 separate TVs, and 2 HDMI wires, nothing.

Which adapter are you using?

EB2600

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2011
Mine is alittle different

I can't get my Mini Display Port to HDMI to work in OS X but it works fine in Windows. This is driving me mad. The OS X knows it's there and I can change the resolution and move the mouse to the other monitor but nothing shows up on my other monitor. It just stays asleep the whole time. In windows it works 100% of the time both at the same time with no problems at all. Note: I have a iMac 21.5 3.06 i3. (2010)

aytunc

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hello,

I just bought an MDP to HDMI adapter. I haven't tried it on BootCamp yet but it is not working on Mac OS X. My screen keeps telling that there is no signal. I checked the thunderbolt port status on About My Mac->More, it says 'No devices connected.' I had the exact same issue with MDP->DVI->HDMI setting.

I bought my MacBook Pro last month, it's the 13" i5 model.
My screen is an LG M228WA.

cvs

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2011
My 2011 MBP needs to have the dynamic switching enabled to use the DP.
It does not work with the internal GPU.

Could that be the case?

Note: I have the Apple VGA adaptor and the Moshi HDMI adaptor, both work great.

aytunc

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2011
Thank you for your answer. Well i already have gfxcardstatus but apparently, 13inch models do not need any dynamic switching.

EB2600

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2011
This has nothing to do with BootCamp. It worked fine it Windows and did not work in the OS X. I fixed it if anyone runs into this problem. Seems to have tons of people that have this problems with no answers.

• Went to Best Buy
• Paid for a DYNEX Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter ($25)
• Came home and plugged in the adapter then the HDMI to DVI cable to the monitor. (Note: Monitor is a LG Flatron L22WTG) - DID NOT WORK
• iMac knows monitor is plugged in and I can change the resolution on both monitors and mirror. (Note: Changed to every resolutions with/without mirror image.) - DID NOT WORK
• Restarted computer - DID NOT WORK
• Turned off/on LG monitor many times - DID NOT WORK
• Unplugged/plugged back in many different ways - DID NOT WORK
• Changed the HDMI to DVI cable with a better cable - DID NOT WORK
• Installed BootCamp with Windows 7 - *BOTH WORK 100%*
• Rebooted to OS X 10.6.7 (Snow Leopard) - DID NOT WORK
• Installed Windows XP - *BOTH WORKED 100%*
• Reinstalled OS X 10.6.4 (Snow Leopard) - *BOTH WORKED 100%*
• Updated OS X from 10.6.4 to 10.6.7 - DID NOT WORK

Seems to be a driver problem with the new update (10.6.7). I will not update again till drivers are fixed.

aytunc

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2011
Alright I have solved the issue. My MDP-->HDMI adapter works fine now with my LG.

Here is what I did:

In my LG input menu, for HDMI, there's a little arrow indicating PC or DTV. Mine was always set at PC, while everything connected I changed it to DTV and unplugged my screen, waited for awhile then I plugged it back and Voilà!

I hope this helps.

EB2600

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2011
Alright I have solved the issue. My MDP-->HDMI adapter works fine now with my LG.

Here is what I did:

In my LG input menu, for HDMI, there's a little arrow indicating PC or DTV. Mine was always set at PC, while everything connected I changed it to DTV and unplugged my screen, waited for awhile then I plugged it back and Voilà!

I hope this helps.

My LG is always set for Digital. You can always back up and try to roll back an update and see if that works. That's what I did now I haven't had a problem at all as long as you don't update. I updated mine a again then I couldn't use the LG again :/. I message Apple and I guess they didn't know about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.