Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordanr1186

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
simi valley, ca
Hello. I am running windows xp pro sp3 all updated with bootcamp on a macbook 6,1 (late 2009) with mac os x 10.6.7. I have installed the latest version of bootcamp(i believe 3.2) and I have a few issues and questions.

1. Why is my volume so low (laptop speakers) when I boot into windows xp? (volume settings are maxed and I have even tried updating the drives myself.)
  2. Why is my recording all garbled? sounds like it is running at half normal speed.
  3. Since I have updated some drivers myself with some success but not with others(ethernet drivers screwed it up, but I reverted to bootcamp installed driver), is it possible to download bootcamp again and install it to make sure I have all the original bootcamp drivers and files associated with bootcamp installed?
  4. is it ok to update drivers for seperate components myself outside of bootcamp installed drivers?

Last edited:

zwodubber

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2011
PA
Hello. I am running windows xp pro sp3 all updated with bootcamp on a macbook 6,1 (late 2009) with mac os x 10.6.7. I have installed the latest version of bootcamp(i believe 3.2) and I have a few issues and questions.

1. Why is my volume so low (laptop speakers) when I boot into windows xp? (volume settings are maxed and I have even tried updating the drives myself.)
  2. Why is my recording all garbled? sounds like it is running at half normal speed.
  3. Since I have updated some drivers myself with some success but not with others(ethernet drivers screwed it up, but I reverted to bootcamp installed driver), is it possible to download bootcamp again and install it to make sure I have all the original bootcamp drivers and files associated with bootcamp installed?
  4. is it ok to update drivers for seperate components myself outside of bootcamp installed drivers?

Might be a dumb question, but did you insert the OSX DVD after installing windows?

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
Can't comment on the audio issues, but I have upgraded by Nvidia graphics drivers to the latest ones from the Nvidia website and have no issues. In fact, average temps have gone down considerably.
To download bootcamp again, HERE is the link to the latest version:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.