Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adidas Addict

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
England
Hilarious to all those people who jumped on the THUNDERBOLT bandwagon. No thunderbolt devices yet and they have the hideous old case design.

:rolleyes:

Most people bought the current model for the SB CPU's, nothing to do with thunderbolt. Hideous? Erm subjectively the best looking laptops in production. Go troll somewhere else.

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
Nice. My 17 MBP (Early 2009) will be getting close to the end of its life cycle by then, allowing me to easily slide into a new MBP.

slapple

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2008
Based on how these rumors go, in a few days there will be a new rumor saying that the 2012 MBPs actually won't be a redesign after all...

LandOfTech

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Hilarious to all those people who jumped on the THUNDERBOLT bandwagon. No thunderbolt devices yet and they have the hideous old case design.

:rolleyes:

I didn't want to buy it because i had a feeling 2012 will be new design but i had to buy it because i needed a mac and couldn't wait another year!

and its not like the 2011 MBP's are the same old thing just with thunderbolt! It had a faster processer (with **** GPU in the 13" lol)

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Guessing it'll just be a lot thinner. Maybe SSD's or Flash storage instead of HD's. Perhaps we can kiss the Superdrive goodbye? Either way, curious to see what they have in store :) Bringing back the blackbook would be pretty cool too.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
Wooo hooo i cant wait, allready have the money on the side.

I was planning on getting a new Macbook in oktober when i start my courses, buy decided to wait because of this.

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
Maybe the next design will allow you to avoid being burned while playing games on the Macbook Pro :p

Ommid

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2008
Wooo hooo i cant wait, allready have the money on the side.

I was planning on getting a new Macbook in oktober when i start my courses, buy decided to wait because of this.

Wow, you people...

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
If taking cues from the MacBook Air means having a tapered front, then no thanks.

I have to say the current design is pretty good, and I'm not sure what else they could do--but I've always thought that in the past, and they've usually blown me away each time. So, I'm excited to see what they are planning.

I'm sort of on the fence about the optical drive. I don't use it every day, but it's definitely nice to have it built-in when I need it. I'm not a fan of having more cords and external devices on my laptop.

Mango Juice

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2008
I think this 'reliable confirmation' is about the Macbook's, not the Macbook Pro's. The Macbook redesign wasn't very future-proof and is similar to the older ones, and the MBP unibody is pretty much age-less and hasn't been out for very long. So...unibody/carbon fibre Macbook's seems more likely to me, rather than another MBP redesign.

Ach111es

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2010
Was thinking of springing for a mid 15 for 2000 and the education deal...now I may just buy a base 13 or even MBA refresh and plan on reselling for the awesome update (which I will also buy with education deal).

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
Wow, you people...

Let me clarify, i made my decision before this news was posted here. I really dont see nothing wrong with waiting on this refresh especially if it will be a huge step forward(which i believe it will be).

juicedropsdeuce

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Hideous? Erm subjectively the best looking laptops in production.

Understandable, seeing as you wear Adidas. LOL. :D

On a more serious and intelligent note, let's hope the screen and the rest of the body have a more seamless and look. The current mirror screen looks like it was slapped on a random body. They just don't go together like the previous gen. The Air looks much better.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Guessing it'll just be a lot thinner. Maybe SSD's or Flash storage instead of HD's. Perhaps we can kiss the Superdrive goodbye? Either way, curious to see what they have in store :) Bringing back the blackbook would be pretty cool too.

They already have that product...it's called the MacBook Air.

Ommid

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2008
Let me clarify, i made my decision before this news was posted here. I really dont see nothing wrong with waiting on this refresh especially if it will be a huge step forward(which i believe it will be).

Its fine, but if you need it get it, if you dont then wait, at the end of the day this is a rumor.

Chaos215bar2

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2004
What about the screen? Are they finally moving to 16:9 screens?

Hopefully not! I never understood the obsession with 16:9. Do you really spend so much time watching TV shows on your computer that you'd rather sacrifice vertical resolution, which is what's most important for viewing any kind of document, to avoid letterboxing. It's not even going to make much of a difference with movies, since they are almost always wider than 16:9.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.