Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

While we noted earlier today that preparations are moving full speed ahead for a debut of the white iPhone 4 within the next day or two and shipments making their way to retail stores, some retailers have jumped the gun and begun selling units to customers. Once such case popped up late last week in the UK through Vodafone, although the carrier apparently quickly clamped down on the rogue sale. But with more shipments now on location at retail stores, the premature sales are likely to occur with greater frequency.

130625-white_iphone_4_be_sold_3.jpg

One MacRumors reader wrote in today to say that he had just purchased a white iPhone 4 through a Mobistar retail shop in Antwerp, Belgium. According to the reader, the white iPhones are already available for general sale to all customers.

130625-white_iphone_4_be_sold_2_500.jpg

As in other recent photos, the final version of the white iPhone 4 carries a redesigned proximity sensor area on the front panel, utilizing a relatively large, lozenge-shaped area above the earpiece as opposed to the grille of small holes seen in early designs.

130624-white_iphone_4_be_sold_1_500.jpg

Article Link: Another White iPhone 4 Sold in Belgium

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
The over/under on MR white iPhone stories this week is now 8.

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2010
here and there but not over there
can we just copy all the comments from the previous white iphone thread from earlier today over to this one ... don't think anyone has something new to say about it since not much time passed. - or maybe a summary of the comments?

CubusX

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2009
Blah...

Not that my opinion matters but I just do not find it appealing (spically with the sensor at the top...

I am curious how many they are going to sell with a refresh anwhere from 3 to 6 months away...

Intarweb

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2007
Not that my opinion matters but I just do not find it appealing (spically with the sensor at the top...

I am curious how many they are going to sell with a refresh anwhere from 3 to 6 months away...

They're going to sell a crap load. Thinking otherwise is simply foolish.

SmileyBlast!

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Did you notice the double slots at the top?

Did you notice the double slots at the top where the front facing camera and ear speaker are?
I wonder what that is for. My Black iPhone 4 does not have that.

Diode

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
Did you notice the double slots at the top where the front facing camera and ear speaker are?
I wonder what that is for. My Black iPhone 4 does not have that.

It's stated in the article:

As in other recent photos, the final version of the white iPhone 4 carries a redesigned proximity sensor area on the front panel, utilizing a relatively large, lozenge-shaped area above the earpiece as opposed to the grille of small holes seen in early designs.

duke49er

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2005
So what? What's the big deal?

Aren't these phones like a year late?

JUST START SELLING THE DAMNED THINGS ALREADY!

Reddmanz

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2010
Gotta expect people from Apple are on the phone to that store right now giving them an earful. :D

dpmbeliever

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2011
New York, New York
I just called an AT&T location in midtown Manhattan and requested a white iPhone 4... the employee put me hold for a few seconds and then informed me that "the white iPhone 4 will be available beginning tomorrow morning". :apple:

Moomba

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I'm sorry... it's just ugly. Now, if the screen defaulted to a matching white as well then perhaps it'd look better. In the meantime I'll stick to the black monolithic unit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.