Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tablo13

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I have tried DFU mode and restored, but it still has the white screen. It's my friend's, and she said that it has been stuck on the white screen ever since she tried to do a screen capture. It still makes sounds, such as the charging sound and keyboard typing sound.

Last edited:

kavade

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2010
Sorry, couldn't figure where to post this

Hi,
This isn't the right thread, sorry, but I didn't know where to put this query.

I bought an iPod touch in the States and I live near Tokyo. I thought I could use the touch with Flets Spots (I pay for Flets wifi) at hotspots but I can't without a huge device attached to the touch. ANy Japan residents know a way to use the touch wifi in Japan without paying a fortune?

Also, is it possible to somehow attach a USB modem to the touch?

Thanks
Kavade

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
If I jailbreak this iPod and restore it as a new device, the Genius wouldn't know it, right?

Jailbreak, then restore? Correct, in this case the Apple Genius would not know that it was jailbroken at one point. However, if you restore it, then jailbreak it, it would be evident.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hi,
This isn't the right thread, sorry, but I didn't know where to put this query.

I bought an iPod touch in the States and I live near Tokyo. I thought I could use the touch with Flets Spots (I pay for Flets wifi) at hotspots but I can't without a huge device attached to the touch. ANy Japan residents know a way to use the touch wifi in Japan without paying a fortune?

Also, is it possible to somehow attach a USB modem to the touch?

Thanks
Kavade

Well, this is definitely not the right place..you should have started a new
thread, not posted in this completely unrelated thread.

Sorry, don't have an answer for you, but if you start a new thread specifically for your issue you're more likely to get an answer.

tablo13

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Fixed it. The light sensor was so messed up that it made the screen white. Found out while putting a case on it, and turned off auto brightness. Works now.

tablo13

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

It is back after powering it off :( I can hear the unlocking sound.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.