Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
For those of you that ordered this case from Switcheasy's website, how long did it take before you received an order confirmation? I paid via Paypal and I received the automated Paypal email but nothing from Switcheasy.

Switcheasy will not send you an e-mail until they ship your case.

benjamin9876

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2009
does anyone get charged for the foreign transaction fee?
I got charged 3% transaction fee.
Call credit card company, they said Switchesay is HongKong company.

For real? anyone else? Im in the US, order from US site.

Dangka

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2011

Visa charged me a foreign transaction fee as well. :(

2 Owls

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
I've had mine a week now and it's superb, Velcro is a bit weak but I've emailed SwitchEasy so I'll see what they say, other than that I couldn't be happier, no trouble with my catch either.

kazaam93

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2011
Ouch...how much?

It's usually £1.50 :(

Are lots of people having problems with this case then? Because I was so close to ordering it but went for another one

The velcro was my main concern and it would really irritate me if the velcro was to become loose. Some sort of latch system would be better.

It's usually £1.50 :(

Are lots of people having problems with this case then? Because I was so close to ordering it but went for another one

The velcro was my main concern and it would really irritate me if the velcro was to become loose. Some sort of latch system would be better.

Man I really need to look back through my account.. I didn't see one before

I'm not having any issues with my case. Honestly, I'm not too concerned about the velcro. even if there was no velcro what-so-ever... who cares? you don't need it. The shell keeps it in place, and all your stand positions have the velcro detached. The only position that it could be an issue is the "book" holding position.. but you will be holding it.. or laying it on your table/lap. it's not going to flap around, it will just sit there securely in place. who needs the velcro?

That aside, I'm still not 100% sold on this case. I'm ordering the CEO hybrid to compare. Some of my concerns are thickness and weight (although in actual usage the 3 ounce and couple mm difference between the switcheasy and CEO might be negligable...) Also I really wish that the "viewing" stand positions would go lower to allow a "typing" stand position. I'm not completely satisfied with needing to flip the whole case around. The CEO's lowest stand position (not the bouncy typing position but the last notch) looks substantially lower than the switcheasy goes, and I think I would love that position to view AND to type; it just seems the right angle. And then for viewing in certain circumstances, I could just move it up one notch higher. I wouldn't ever need to go higher than that.

I also feel like the strap on the CEO might be more useful than I was initially thinking. I wouldn't need to strain to grip my iPad so much...

Northman11

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2011
Why does a company list something "In Stock" and two days later send the below email?

Due to an unexpected shipment delay from our overseas manufacturer, we
are temporarily out of items for the Canvas in all colors. They went
so fast, we were not even able to put “out of stock” on the website.
We have been promised by the shipping company that our units will be
here within a few days.
Please note that these are estimates by the shipping company and may
vary by several days due to weather, mail volume, customs delays and
other circumstances*

If this delay is unacceptable, we understand your desire to cancel and
request a refund (that includes the shipping fees.)

Or if you are willing to wait for this item, as soon as stock arrives
it will be shipped out automatically.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience or delay this may cause you.
We appreciate your patience.

http://www.switcheasy.com (USA Website)

I paid via Paypal so if I request a refund, I lose however much Paypal charges for a money transfer into my account.

fupresti

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010

I know a few people ordered from the International store when it was out of stock in the US Store. Maybe this is related.

broboore

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
After a week of use, the latch is still really tight. I emailed customer service, quoting the ilounge review and posting a link. They agreed to swap it out for me when they get some back in stock. There inventory system leaves a lot to be desired. Says in stock when it isn't ...etc

However. I still love the case

Dangka

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2011
Mine was purchased from the US site, not the international site. I was charged the transaction fee.

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
I ordered from the International store the other day and it was shipped today.

Shame my iPad is going back for a refund but at least it will be there for when I get another one.

AVongsana

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2008
for those applying the protector .... i've got a few dust particles stuck on the adhesive side. Has anyone washed it before or for application?

Bckrupps

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2011
I have used mine for about a month now. My clasp was really tight. The case has stretched a bit and is now perfect. I suggest people who have only had it a short time be patient. Im thinking switch easy was smarter than i thought otherwise by now atleast on my case the clip would have been useless when the case broke in a bit. Im really happy with mine.

Jean Francois

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2011
Still waiting...

Hi everybody,

I would love talking about my Canvas for iPad 2 but I didn't receive it... I received an email with a tracking number on Monday and since this day nothing, no update on the shipment, no email from Switcheasy confirming or not that the product is available and not "out-of-order". I am desperate :(, my iPad feels lonely and not protected. Are we a lot waiting for this product more than 5 consecutive days?

Northman11

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2011
Same here. I ordered it and response from the company. I emailed them and they gave the me "we know that our website says In Stock but it is not and we are delayed a couple of days but it will go out." A few days pass and I get this email from them today:

A friendly heads up to our Valued Switcheasy Customer,

Thank you for your order. We are sorry for the delay.
Due to an unexpected delay with our overseas manufacturer, we
experienced inventory shortages, all colors for the Canvas iPad 2 are
temporarily out of items even though it says "In Stock" on our website
(inventory levels on computer systems can differ from what is
physically in stock.)

Our units should arrive within 2-5 days and begin shipping.
Or if you are willing to wait for this item, we will hold your order
for arrival of the item, and ship shortly thereafter.

When replying, could you please let us know what seems to work best for you.
We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Switcheasy Customer Service.

I have no confidence with Switcheasy at this point. They know that they have no product in stock for a week and they still list it as "In Stock". The product might be great but the company's business practices certainly don't give me the warm and fuzzies.

doubledown7d

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2011
Same here. I ordered it and response from the company. I emailed them and they gave the me "we know that our website says In Stock but it is not and we are delayed a couple of days but it will go out." A few days pass and I get this email from them today:

A friendly heads up to our Valued Switcheasy Customer,

Thank you for your order. We are sorry for the delay.
Due to an unexpected delay with our overseas manufacturer, we
experienced inventory shortages, all colors for the Canvas iPad 2 are
temporarily out of items even though it says "In Stock" on our website
(inventory levels on computer systems can differ from what is
physically in stock.)

Our units should arrive within 2-5 days and begin shipping.
Or if you are willing to wait for this item, we will hold your order
for arrival of the item, and ship shortly thereafter.

When replying, could you please let us know what seems to work best for you.
We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Switcheasy Customer Service.

I have no confidence with Switcheasy at this point. They know that they have no product in stock for a week and they still list it as "In Stock". The product might be great but the company's business practices certainly don't give me the warm and fuzzies.

Maybe they are fixing the molds so the latch isn't so tight. There seems to be alot of buzz about that in several forums lately. Jus speculatin' :)

Anyway, I went ahead and ordered a brown today. Now I just have to keep looking at the inventory locators and get an iPad, lol. Or order one from Apple, but no store here and I really like to have a B&M in case a return is needed for bad light bleed or something.

Last edited:

gordita

macrumors member
May 11, 2010
ok, so i'm sold on the canvas.
Went through the canvas v/s marware CEO shootout video about 3 times and canvas won out because of the included screen protector and the non-clipping (when in typing mode).

couple of final questions

#1 how is the quality of the included screen protector? I don't need it to be the best, just that it should not alter the screen clarity or brightness (for e.g. the zagg seems to make the screen blurry?).

#2 I understand how to use the case in the 3 typing/stand modes. but how is everyone using it when u change the orientation from landscape to portrait and vice versa?
what I mean is, you cannot put the ipad in one of the 3 stand modes in 'portrait' mode, correct?
is this even an issue or necessary? Just read a thread about a targus 360 case and my mind started wandering.

#3 my buying options for the canvas is the switcheasy site only? any other online resellers?

#4 where is everyone buying their extra usb cables, ipad power/AC adapter from?

thanks

brudog68

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2011
TN USA
hterri1, is this what you mean? If so, you're a spatial prodigy! :D

This is great, and the microfiber doesn't make contact with the desk surface.

Thanks for the suggestion!

attachment.php

Now just flip it over:

IMG-20110501-00050.jpg

As unintended as these positions probably are, this one is now my goto position with the Canvas...

feels better and more stable than any while in my lap...

keeps my shirt and gut from covering any screen while in my lap due to the space between ipad and clasp...

super easy to grab with one hand and set it aside...

gives a nice place to rest my stylus when not using...

microfiber not exposed...

not ideal, but serves as a pretty decent "one hand" grip in portrait, ala artist's palette...

AND for racing games like Real Racing HD2, it makes for a PERFECT steering wheel :D

try it..

For me, the byproduct is better than the intended

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.