Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bakari45

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
1. Base 11”

2. No. Mac Pro main. Also have iPad which I sometimes use as second monitor for the Air, but not that much.

3. I use the GelaSkins. See this forum: http://bit.ly/hEZZIq Mine is pictured in it. I like the Skins some days, and other days, I feel like removing it.

fkhan3

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2010
1. 13" Ulitmate

2. MBP 17" 2010 is my main machine. MBA goes everywhere with me.

3. Using Booq Viper Hardcase for maximum protection

gdeputy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
New York
What's your setup consist of?

1. Which MacBook Air do you have?

2. Is the Air your main computer? Do you use it along with an external monitor, another computer(s), iPad or ?

3. Use a sleeve, skin, speck case? What kind of bag or backpack have you found suitable for the Air's?

Photo's WELCOME!

1. Macbook Air 13" 1.83Ghz 4GB RAM 128GB SSD
2. No, iMac 27" i5 (current gen) also, iPad2 32GB WiFi+3G White
3. No sleeve or skin, but I do plan on getting an STM bag for both the Air and iPad.

And, since you asked, heres a photo

photo-7.jpg

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2009
MBA 11" Ultimate

MY travel Laptop... Called the Speed Demon ( my wifes name for it )
She has 15 MBP , We also have MacPro 8 Core, MBA Rev C 2.13 .. And NEW Imac Sandy Bridge coming TUES ( We Hope )

As far as bags and sleeves we tried them ALL.. This is the best ... We tried
BOOQ..

Attachments

• TSK11-BLR1s.jpg
    TSK11-BLR1s.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 203

agentfrick

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2011
Louisville, KY
The MBA is now my main system.
I have the base 11" and use it with a 23" AOC monitor connected via HDMI. When I am on the go and need more screen real-estate I use my iPad for a secondary display. I wave a 1TB drive attached to my Airport Express for the iTunes and iPhoto libraries.

I am really surprised by the speed of the MBA. I was a little hesitant about getting it at first, but once I got the storage issues taken care of it has just worked.

I do remote support for PCs and Macs from home using LMI on the MBA and it has worked great.

duky

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
North Carolina
1. 2.13 GHz 13" 2010 with 256 GB SSD

2. Main computer for now used with 27" ACD. Either getting an iMac or Mac Pro in the future. Used to have an iMac and want a Mac Pro but not sure if I will be able to afford it.

3. Incipio slim sleeve, throw it in my North Face backpack

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 435

anthro

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
1. 11" 128gb

2. Main computer at home (can't user my own computer in the office). 21.5" LED display, 500gb passport HD, wired Apple keyboard, and Magic trackpad. Nexus One. 12" Fujitsu Esprimo that's been collecting dust since I got the Air.

3. I got a custom leather sleeve (for whenever I have to look sexy) and some kind of case with a handle and a zipper (for whenever I need rugged protection)

Very happy with my setup, but I have thoughts that 13" *might* work better for me especially now that I'm planning to get an Android tablet and will have an iPad 2 at work. The portability of my machine has been very helpful whenever I'm at conferences or am on vacation. Got no real performance struggle, but since this is my main home computer, the faster processor and bigger screen may be more valuable. The 13's longer battery life would be awesome too, but the 11's is already adequate for me.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

trip1ex

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2008
The MBA is now my main system.
I have the base 11" and use it with a 23" AOC monitor connected via HDMI. When I am on the go and need more screen real-estate I use my iPad for a secondary display. I wave a 1TB drive attached to my Airport Express for the iTunes and iPhoto libraries.

I am really surprised by the speed of the MBA. I was a little hesitant about getting it at first, but once I got the storage issues taken care of it has just worked.

I do remote support for PCs and Macs from home using LMI on the MBA and it has worked great.

What's your backup system/process for your iphoto and iTunes libraries?

Beanoir

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2010
51 degrees North
1. I've got an 11" MBA. 1.4ghz/64gb/2gb

2. No my main home computer is an Intel Mac Mini, 2.33ghz/3gb/60gb SSD with a 20" ACD, 1TB Lacie external HDD and Audioengine A2s.

I share the Mini HDD and Lacie so have access to them at all times with the MBA. If I want large screen for the MBA I hook it up to my Pioneer upstairs in the living room, but very rarely do. I tend to keep my film/TV separate to computers (i'm not that advanced yet!!).

3. I use a Joli Original black leather/red felt sleeve

IMG_0315.jpg

agentfrick

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2011
Louisville, KY
1. 2.13 GHz 13" 2010 with 256 GB SSD

2. Main computer for now used with 27" ACD. Either getting an iMac or Mac Pro in the future. Used to have an iMac and want a Mac Pro but not sure if I will be able to afford it.

3. Incipio slim sleeve, throw it in my North Face backpack

nice desk!

agentfrick

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2011
Louisville, KY
What's your backup system/process for your iphoto and iTunes libraries?

Right now, don't have one other than hope! I have Been trying to figure that one out. THinking I may get another hdd to backup my libraries to. the drive that my iphoto and iTunes library are currently on used to be the backup drive.

Scuba-EMT

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
Solomons Island, MD
I have the current model MBA 13" Ultimate.

My main machine is a current model IMac I7 which I ordered "maxed out".

I have my IPad in a Sena leather case and my MBA in a PDAir leather case.

Attachments

• _DSC1603.jpg
    _DSC1603.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 654

Beanoir

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2010
51 degrees North
I have the current model MBA 13" Ultimate.

My main machine is a current model IMac I7 which I ordered "maxed out".

I have my IPad in a Sena leather case and my MBA in a PDAir leather case.

It's so weird to see the picture of my desk on your computer!!

Nice desk by the way.

philxor

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2010
I use my 13" MBA Ultimate as my main machine both at work and at home. At work I use it in a dual external monitor setup with a 24" ACD and a 23" Samsung 1080P monitor.

I carry the MBA around in a Waterfield Design sleevecase, to and from work in a slim Incase backpack.

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
1. Ultimate 11" (1.6/4/128) Want the OWC SSD upgrade but am waiting for their QC to improve, due to reports of poor PCB cutting on here.

2. No. Main desktop is a Late 09 27" i7 iMac. Main laptop is a M15x, secondary laptop is a M11x, my Air is just the on-the-go machine (occasionally use the iMac as an external screen via MDP). Also have a VAIO Z, VAIO X, and VAIO P (all the latest model before discontinuation, all Signature editions). The Air will probably replace both my Gen1 iPads (one is a 64GB WiFi, one is 64GB 3G).

3. Had the Speck satin gray shell case but returned to store (had a scratch on the bottom OOTB, poor QC?). Currently naked in a manila envelope style pleather sleeve I got for 20 bucks from dealextreme.

Exana

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011

2. Is the Air your main computer? Do you use it along with an external monitor, another computer(s), iPad or ?

3. Use a sleeve, skin, speck case? What kind of bag or backpack have you found suitable for the Air's?

Photo's WELCOME!

1. MacBook Air 11,6” 1,6 GHz, 4 GB, 128 GB
2. No, it's the third one (desktop Core i7-870, 8 GB, GeForce GTX 570 & MacBook Pro 15” 2010). I don't plan to connect it to any external device.
3. Not buy yet.

jcasix

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
1. 11 inch ultimate

2. Main machine. I do have a Mac Mini I use as my media hub.

I also have a 32GB wifi iPad2 for book and magazine reading, couch surfing, and the occasional IOS game.

3. No sleeve. Booq BOA Squeeze backpack. Goes with me everywhere, highly functional and pretty tiny.

Last edited:

Lateraleye

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2011
Answering as a very-soon-to-be Air owner...

1. 13" Ultimate.

2. It will be primary, hooked up to a ~21" monitor when at home. I currently use a 15" unibody Macbook Pro that I can't wait to sell. The fan noise drives me nuts and the weight/battery life is a nuisance for grab-and-go computing. Photo and video editing bore me and the most I'll be pushing the system is for some simplistic 3D gaming so I have no need for another Mac.

3. I bought the STM Small Alley shoulder bag and a Case Logic neoprene sleeve that unfortunately won't fit in it. The bag itself appears to be very well made though and it has room for a mouse and Apple wireless keyboard in case I'll be gone for long sessions.

Some of the setup pics here make me really jealous. My desk is nowhere near that empty.

Oli3000

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2009
1. MBA 13" Ultimate 2010

2. I have a main PC at home, that is more graphically powerful, but that's about it. So if I want to game then I hop onto that. But in reality that is a rarity. Even if I am at home I will prefer to use the MBA, primarily for OSX I guess. I potentially may change the PC to an iMac in the future - but I tend to travel about a lot so it may be wasting my money!

3. It goes in an incase sleeve (http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/neoprene-sleeve-cl57760) and then in a laptop rucksack, too.

halledise

macrumors 68000

Photo's WELCOME!

1.86ghz/4gb/128gb flash

yes. no, not anymore

yes. STM Glove and old leather briefcase (man bag)
when the briefcase gives out, I'll probably go for one of these:

http://goo.gl/srQ82
or these
http://goo.gl/7EGny
or
http://goo.gl/AFUMS

trip1ex

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2008
Right now, don't have one other than hope! I have Been trying to figure that one out. THinking I may get another hdd to backup my libraries to. the drive that my iphoto and iTunes library are currently on used to be the backup drive.

HOPE? I've used that before. Seems to work 99% of the time.

I wish Time Machine would work with your setup.

mystikjoe

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
setup

mb air 13" base
27" imac is with 16gb and intel 160gb ssd
mac mini 2010 with 80gb intel ssd (theater computer)
ipad 64gb 3g
ipad 2 32gb wifi
27" imac c2d 3.06 in my office.

yes i'm a mac addict!

MJedi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2010
1. 11-inch 1.4GHz with 4GB RAM and 128GB SSD.

2. At home, I still use my 15-inch MBP (Mid 2007, 2.4GHz with 4GB RAM) although that almost always stays in one place. I use the MBA when I want to use a computer around the house. I also bring the MBA to the office, plug it to a 22-inch monitor and use a wired Apple Keyboard and Magic Mouse. And I have an iPad 2 for iOS apps and surfing.

3. I put my MBA in the Incase Neoprene Sleeve for the MacBook Air. Then I put that in a Timbuk2 Snoop Camera Messenger bag (small) along with my iPad 2 and DSLR.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
11 inch 128 4G

yup - main computer and on road unit - at home runs a LG27in monitor and 500G backup drive, MS keyboard and mouse

cases? - about 4 - bookbook, waterfield sleeves and icarbons ...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.