Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple released a new iPad 2 television commercial which carries the same tone as the We Believe commercial released in early April. If you ask a parent, they might call it intuitive. If you ask a musician, they might call it inspiring. To a doctor, it's groundbreaking. To a CEO, it's powerful. To a teacher, it's the future. If you ask a child, she might call it magic. And if you asked us, we'd say it's just getting started."The new ad is on Apple's iPad page and YouTube channel.

Article Link: Apple Releases 'If You Asked' Commercial for iPad 2

DeathChill

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2005
I really like the tone of these commercials.

Also, I enjoy that they keep saying magic or magical; only because I know how angry people (trolls, mostly) here get about it.

tsadi

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8H7)

Anyone know what's the app being used in the "to a CEO" part?

ten-oak-druid

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2010
The other "if you asked" commercial was strange. It goes:

Samsung: If you asked "can we copy your ipad?", we would have said no.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
The iPad commercials are so much better than the current iPhone ads it's not even funny.

I'm not saying the iPhone ads should be just like this, but surely they can do better than what they've got if they have the creative folks who worked on this beauty.

gocardsfan1

macrumors member
May 19, 2008
So is this meant to be an ad for the iPad 2 or the future generations? All it does is make me more excited for upcoming models, not the iPad 2 itself. I don't doubt that it will be effective though.

tekker

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
I'll buy one when it gets a capacitive pressure based screen/stylus (Like the HTC Flyer)

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Apple once again shows that they really know how to create a nice and short commercial.

Yukon Jack

macrumors member
May 14, 2010
I'll buy one when it has an 8MHz processor, 13-inch monochrome CRT screen and a big fat "Turbo" button.

I'm waiting for the model with the VGA adapter, 2 USB ports, an SD card slot, a 5.25" floppy drive, Appletalk, an ADB port for my keyboard, a SCSI port for my 130MB external drive, Blu-Ray, 8.3 super surround sound, double retina display; all for $300.

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
I'll buy one when it gets a capacitive pressure based screen/stylus (Like the HTC Flyer)

And I'll buy one when it comes with dual fold-out screens in a**-kicking neon colors and a choice of animal stripes, lightning bolts or fire emblems, and is sold at Wal-mart in shrink-wrapped packaging for $9.99 and has commercials featuring hot girls in bikinis jumping on a trampoline.

In other words, we're both out of luck.

Cagle

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2009
The iPad commercials are so much better than the current iPhone ads it's not even funny.

I'm not saying the iPhone ads should be just like this, but surely they can do better than what they've got if they have the creative folks who worked on this beauty.

+5

although this one was slightly less restrained with self praise than the first ipad2 ad, it still makes the current iphone campaign seem offensive

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.