Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
Seems like a pretty good deal to me it comes in Black as well, price is 14.95, and $4.50 shipping.

Just put it in your cart and Enter code FI3JI44U at checkout for an additional 50% off.

Good till May 9th.

Clear:
http://www.amazon.com/Acase-Companion-Compatible-Slim-Fit-Generation/dp/B004YHWI7S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3JRBTF3T7J4ZI&s=merchant-items&qid=1304571834&sr=1-1

Black:
http://www.amazon.com/Acase-Companion-Compatible-Slim-Fit-Generation/dp/B004YI0KK4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&m=A3JRBTF3T7J4ZI&s=merchant-items&qid=1304571756&sr=1-2

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
It looks like a good deal, but the Amazon listing does raise a few questions. First, there are no reviews. Secondly, the price has dropped like a stone for a product that has not been out that long. You can't help but wonder if there is a problem with it, and the company is trying to dump its inventory.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
It looks like a good deal, but the Amazon listing does raise a few questions. First, there are no reviews. Secondly, the price has dropped like a stone for a product that has not been out that long. You can't help but wonder if there is a problem with it, and the company is trying to dump its inventory.

Yea, I'm sure this a bunch of defective cases their trying to unload for cheap to unsuspecting customers on Amazon! :confused:

conspiracy theorists, I love them, can't get enough of them!

This came to my attention directly from an email the ctc store.

The email was ANNOUNCING the product, so that's probably why there are no reviews.

I had purchased ctc before, and despite my returning the first case I bought from them, because it sucked, they did provide excellent customer service, it arrived promptly, the return was easy and I got all my money back including shipping so I hvae no reason to think this is on the up and up.

I did buy one and will report back as soon as I receive it, and I don't mince words on reviews so if it sucks, well, I tell you so!

In the mean time the deal will no doubt be over.

The way people drop dough on cases for this thing, I thought I would pass this along.

As I said seems like a no brainer for those looking for an inexpensive hard case!

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
Got this Today-OK not Great!

For $7.00 I can live with this.

It does not cover the entire section where smart cover attaches and also does not cover the antenna portion, which may not necessarily be a bad thing. I seem to get better reception when nothing is obstructing that portion of the ipad, i.e. when its naked. anyway here are some pictures!

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

Aqua Bliss

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2010
Ugh so I have wi-fi only and have to live with the gap on the top (sux)...

Goldens, how is the weight/durability? Hoping this is using the same material as incipio feather.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
Ugh so I have wi-fi only and have to live with the gap on the top (sux)...

Goldens, how is the weight/durability? Hoping this is using the same material as incipio feather.

I would say it equals feather, its light and durable.

Certainly worth what we paid for it. Anymore and I would have returned it. Its just too much of a hassle and would cost half what we paid to return.

I would not recommend as someones sole case and reflected that in a review on Amazon.

Hobbes.

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Guess they meant may 9th at midnight (sunday night), not the actual day of may 9th. I would have gotten the clear.

Aqua Bliss

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2010
I got my clear case, it's awesome. More of like a frost material but very light and very durable. Loving it, thanks goldens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.