Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slapple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
I have an iPhone 3G (not jailbroken), and I run Windows. Is there any way to save a voicemail from the iPhone to my computer? I thought I read there is Mac software that can extract voicemails from iTunes backups, is there anything for Windows?

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
I have an iPhone 3G (not jailbroken), and I run Windows. Is there any way to save a voicemail from the iPhone to my computer? I thought I read there is Mac software that can extract voicemails from iTunes backups, is there anything for Windows?

ive only seen how to do it if your jailbroken

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
PhoneView for the Mac, TouchCopy for Windows--both extract voicemails directly from the phone though, not sure about from backups. I know the demo version of PhoneView won't let you save voicemail, you have to purchase the full version, but it's saved my hide more than once when iTunes decides to eat my data during a so-called sync, so for that alone, it's been worth the price. Add in that I can archive both texts and voicemail on the computer, and it's worth a lot more than they charge.

I'm not as familiar with TouchCopy, but a friend has it and bought it specifically to save vmail from her iPhone. As I recall, there was a demo version and it was the same thing, she had to get the full setup to get that ability. It appears to have most of the same features as PhoneView, and it's recommended for Windows users on the PhoneView FAQ.

You don't need to be jailbroken to use either program.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.