Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Audiobahn1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2011
Hi there,

I bought a device that lets me record and watch Satellite TV on my computer. The downside is that it doesnt work on OS X but works on Windows XP, 7 ...

This is the product http://www.technisat.com/indexf461.html?nav=Sat_DVB_S_,en,1294131238891-228 It's Called TechniSat SkyStar USB 2 HD CI

I was wondering if I install windows 7 with boot camp if it will work with my MacBook Pro

also I wanted to Install ProgDVB to work with it, is it compatible as well

Thank you hope to hear back from you :)

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
sure it should work like on any other pc running windows xp ,vista or 7
the only difference between a Mac and any other pc like a dell for example is the Mac has open firmware while the pc has a bios other then that they are identical , so once windows is installed and booting you got a native pc , and therefore all peripherals that are compatible with windows will work, just like on a pc that meets the minimum requirements of that peripherals

Audiobahn1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2011
sure it should work like on any other pc running windows xp ,vista or 7
the only difference between a Mac and any other pc like a dell for example is the Mac has open firmware while the pc has a bios other then that they are identical , so once windows is installed and booting you got a native pc , and therefore all peripherals that are compatible with windows will work, just like on a pc that meets the minimum requirements of that peripherals

Thanks for the your response :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.