Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
I havent dropped my iPod or any damage, but recently its been pausing on its own for some reason, with the headphones tightly seated. Sometimes even though i press play, it'll pause itself again. There are times where after pressing play and locking, it'll skip 1-2 tracks forward.

How do I stop it from doing this?

Chord

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2011
U.S
I have had a similar problem on my iPhone where it has skipped to a certain part of a song. Turning it off then back on seemed to get the bug out for me. You might want to try that

-Chord

otherorange

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2007
I havent dropped my iPod or any damage, but recently its been pausing on its own for some reason, with the headphones tightly seated. Sometimes even though i press play, it'll pause itself again. There are times where after pressing play and locking, it'll skip 1-2 tracks forward.

How do I stop it from doing this?

Depends on what iPod it is. This happens all the time to both my iPod Shuffle and iPhone when I am running at the gym - sweat gets into the remote control on the cable and it goes nuts as you describe.

I had to buy different headphones that did not contain a remote to use my iPhone while running at the gym. Since my shuffle needs a remote in the cable I have stopped using it for this purpose.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
So theres no real solution? Seems things are getting weirder. Sometimes I'll have it sitting on the table, and it will randomly turn itself on a start playing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.