Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
I have exported a quicktime mov from avid and i need to burn it to dvd and i just want it so when you put the dvd in it will just autoplay .. no menus or anything .. how can i do this

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
i just want it so when you put the dvd in it will just autoplay
In the iDVD project window, in the centre of the bottom window bar, are three buttons. Click on the left hand button and it will open up the Project Map view. Drag and drop your video into the grey box on the left. It will then auto play when inserted into a DVD player.

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
In the iDVD project window, in the centre of the bottom window bar, are three buttons. Click on the left hand button and it will open up the Project Map view. Drag and drop your video into the grey box on the left. It will then auto play when inserted into a DVD player.

when i do this .. it still shows a menu that i cannot delete

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
its avid 5.5.1

i imported as 1080p 23.97
exported it as a quicktime mov

its footage from a 7D .. so avid picked the codec
.mov is wrapper format, not a video format. You need a QuickTime codec that is compatible with the codec used by Avid if you expect to use iDVD to create the DVD. Bear in mind, that standard DVDs are 720 x 480. iDVD burns standard DVDs. If you want to preserve the resolution of your video, then you must burn the it as a data DVD. You may also use Toast and an external Blu-ray drive to create a Blu-ray disc.

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
cuz our teacher said to export as a .mov and burn it .. in school they use dvd studio pro but he said you could do it in idvd or whatever

alright well idvd did work .. but still shows a menu .. but guess ill have to deal with it

looks like crap on the dvd . but if i open just the mov on my desktop it looks great .. either way im screwed

Last edited:

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
when you look at the space where u drop your movie .. there is another box with that menu in it .. no way around it

martinX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2009
Australia
Addendum to my last post: Personally I use Toast. Super easy to make an autoplay with no menus and no hassles, as well as having plenty of other tricks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.