Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

094349-brandz_2011.jpg

As measured by marketing and advertising group WPP in its annual BrandZ study of global brands, Apple easily topped the list of most valuable brands for the first time. Apple checks in with a brand value of over $153 billion, up 84% over last year and well ahead of second-place Google, which had topped the survey for the previous four years, at $111 billion.
The Apple brand, as calculated by Millward Brown Optimor, a WPP company, has increased in value by 859 percent since 2006 and now stands at $153.3 billion. Other key findings in the study are that during the economic recovery of the last year, the combined value of all the brands in the top 100 has risen by 17 percent and is now worth $2.4 trillion.
Brand values are calculated using an analysis of financial and market data alongside reports from analysts and surveys of over two million consumers around the globe. That information is processed in an effort to ascribe a value to brands that allow a company to differentiate itself from competitors.

Article Link: Apple Named World's Most Valuable Brand at $153 Billion

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C134 Safari/6533.18.5)

There is really no way Apple's achievement can be overstated. They singlehandedly, almost overnight, freed the "computer" from the box and keyboard. This was a landmark moment. Now everyone's pushing this paradigm. Tablets, slates, app stores, touch interfaces, etc.

The next 5-7 years will be a huge growth phase for Apple, during which we will witness the decline of Microsoft. Note how MS' brand now ranks below McDonalds. And McDonalds sells low grade cheeseburgers that pose serious health risks.

Welcome to the post-PC era, Microsoft. Seriously.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C134 Safari/6533.18.5)

There is really no way Apple's achievement can be overstated. They singlehandedly, almost overnight, freed the "computer" from the box and keyboard. This was a landmark moment. Now everyone's pushing this paradigm. Tablets, slates, app stores, touch interfaces, etc.

The next 5-7 years will be a huge growth phase for Apple, during which we will witness the decline of Microsoft. Note how MS' brand now ranks below McDonalds. And McDonalds sells low grade cheeseburgers that pose serious health risks.

Welcome to the post-PC era, Microsoft. Seriously.

I had faith in you...... this brought a tear to my eye.. :apple::apple::apple:

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
I'm happy for Apple, but am wary of the "survey" that brought this chart forward. Since when does positive "customer surveys" translate to net worth?

I actually consider FullofWin's usually "negative" comments to be a small refreshing breeze in the desert of "Like OMG, Apple totally released another must have winner! My life will be so much better with an iGoofleDoofPro! Credit card in hand!"...Yikes, Ill take criticism over that blind following any day:p

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Congratulations Apple! I wish you the best of luck for maintaining the position in the future.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
I actually consider FullofWin's usually "negative" comments to be a small refreshing breeze in the desert of "Like OMG, Apple totally released another must have winner! My life will be so much better with an iGoofleDoofPro! Credit card in hand!"...Yikes, Ill take criticism over that blind following any day:p

Contrarianism purely for its own sake (or to provide "refreshment" and variety) is not cool.

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Good for Apple and Coke.

I loathe those other companies for ethical reasons, but I love to see businesses doing well. Google and GE are total scumbags.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.