Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
I think it's because the only other wallpaper thread is just screenshots.
I'm currently using a Live Wallpaper, so I wouldn't be able to post it anyway, but I do kind of agree. Changing the thread title to "Post Your Android Homescreen", or something thereabouts, would probably be better. Partyboy or a Mod want to do that?

RedReplicant

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2010
Droid Incredible
CyanogenMod 7.0.2.1
Incredikernel 04/19/2011

BUGcx.png

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
It was time for a change, so here is my new, current setup. I went a little more clean and simplistic this time. Links provided to everything used....

Samsung Captivate, Gingerbread 2.3.3
ADW Launcher EX - Hidden Dock and Status bar (swipe down = Status, swipe up = Dock)

Main Screen
Fancy Widget Pro - Small Home Clock (Oscilloscope skin)
Simi Clock Pro - Battery widget

Left Screen
Amazon MP3
AiX Weather - Weather graph
Beautiful Widgets - 4x1 Weather Forecast (Tick skin)

Lock Screen
Widget Locker
Custom "Daft Punk" slider unlock (Swipe the logo right to unlock)

Main Screen (Menus hidden and shown)
Ms2Iu.png
S4iVt.png

Left Screen and Lock Screen
k56rM.png
1uLOJ.png

Phone Wallpapers Used
Main Screen
wRPy8.png

Lock Screen
ZvM7J.png

Original Wallpapers
Wallpaper Black (Duo)
c8McE.jpg

Wallpaper Blue
bXRQv.jpg

Wallpaper Red
ncrq4.png

jsf8x

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
I've got the original droid. Is there anyway I could get a black notification bar because the white doesn't look so hot.

jsf8x

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
It was time for a change, so here is my new, current setup. I went a little more clean and simplistic this time. Links provided to everything used....

Samsung Captivate, Gingerbread 2.3.3
ADW Launcher EX - Hidden Dock and Status bar (swipe down = Status, swipe up = Dock)

Main Screen

Left Screen
Amazon MP3
AiX Weather - Weather graph
Beautiful Widgets - 4x1 Weather Forecast (Tick skin)

Lock Screen
Widget Locker
Custom "Daft Punk" slider unlock (Swipe the logo right to unlock)

Main Screen (Menus hidden and shown)
Ms2Iu.png
S4iVt.png

Left Screen and Lock Screen
k56rM.png
1uLOJ.png

Phone Wallpapers Used
Main Screen
wRPy8.png

Lock Screen
ZvM7J.png

Original Wallpapers
Wallpaper Black (Duo)
c8McE.jpg

Wallpaper Blue
bXRQv.jpg

Wallpaper Red
ncrq4.png

Yours looks great. I'm trying to get my wallpapers to look the same as yours but its not quite working out. The blue looks fine but the 'square' I am given to create my background doesn't let me get a good view of the red picture. any tips?

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
Yours looks great. I'm trying to get my wallpapers to look the same as yours but its not quite working out. The blue looks fine but the 'square' I am given to create my background doesn't let me get a good view of the red picture. any tips?
The red wallpaper I used should be sized exactly in the ratio for standard Android wallpapers. When the square pops up when you are setting it, when you resize the square, it should expand to fill that picture perfectly. Let me know what phone you use, and the resolution of the screen, and I can try and be more precise.

Other than that, for specifics, I only use 2 screens, with the Right one is set as my "Home" screen. As long as you have your right most screen set as "Home", and the wallpaper sized up properly, you should get the same thing I have. Let me know, and I'll try and help.

jsf8x

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
The red wallpaper I used should be sized exactly in the ratio for standard Android wallpapers. When the square pops up when you are setting it, when you resize the square, it should expand to fill that picture perfectly. Let me know what phone you use, and the resolution of the screen, and I can try and be more precise.

Other than that, for specifics, I only use 2 screens, with the Right one is set as my "Home" screen. As long as you have your right most screen set as "Home", and the wallpaper sized up properly, you should get the same thing I have. Let me know, and I'll try and help.

ok. I got it, I had it set as 3 screens. I only use two of them anyways so it was all good. thanks for the help it looks great!

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Is that "Launcher 7"? I've been thinking of trying it one of these days. Looks nice.

Yes it is and yes it is. ;)

It's really well done, even includes live tile functions for contacts and calendar (though nothing else, but that's kinda hard) Very customizable (even has an option for the WP7 status bar, but then you lose the notifications).

I highly recommend it, the only difference between the free and paid versions is that the free version has ads and no folder support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.