Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

piatti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
USA
My Word keeps not responding (together with other Microsoft apps like Powerpoint)

Perhaps it's because they are heavy apps and I don't have enough space in my computer?

edit: is there any disadvantage as to using NeoOffice? Is there Mac version for Powerpoints too?

Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
How do you make all Word documents to open in NeoOffice?
  1. Right-click on a file of that type in Finder.
  2. Select "Get Info"
  3. Select your preferred app under "Open with"
  4. Click "Change All"
  5. Done.
My Word keeps not responding (together with other Microsoft apps like Powerpoint)

Perhaps it's because they are heavy apps and I don't have enough space in my computer?
Could be corrupted fonts, other processes using system resources, a problem with MS Office installation, etc. You can either give up and use NeoOffice, or diagnose and correct the problem.

Nov 28, 2010
located

piatti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
USA
If you mean "free hard drive capacity" with "enough space", then how much free HDD capacity do you have?

Btw, "memory" is not the same as "hard drive capacity":
What is Computer Memory? RAM vs Hard Drive
RAM vs. Hard Disk

When I open my Finder it says 7.11 GB available.
I've been meaning to move all the movies to external hard drive.. but then should I move the whole iPhoto app with its movies and pic to external Hard drive? I'm afraid the EHD might fail on me someday and I would lose all those movies that I took with my iPhone.

It would be so much better if I could all upload it to YouTube in private mode, automatically, as well as move embed it to a private blogspot blog, but I don't have the programming knowledge to do that. Will somebody show develop the programming and show how it's done?

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
When I open my Finder it says 7.11 GB available.
I've been meaning to move all the movies to external hard drive.. but then should I move the whole iPhoto app with its movies and pic to external Hard drive? I'm afraid the EHD might fail on me someday and I would lose all those movies that I took with my iPhone.

It would be so much better if I could all upload it to YouTube in private mode, automatically, as well as move embed it to a private blogspot blog, but I don't have the programming knowledge to do that. Will somebody show develop the programming and show how it's done?

All hard drives fail in time, your external will eventually fail, and so will your MacbookPro's, why not keep a copy on both so that when one fails, all is not lost?

piatti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
USA
All hard drives fail in time, your external will eventually fail, and so will your MacbookPro's, why not keep a copy on both so that when one fails, all is not lost?

I would like to make a lot of videos and audio files, and it wouldn't fit in the MacBook Pro.

ZMacintosh

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2008
or save up and invest in iWork. Much easier to manage than Office it seems. seems like you may need a more user friendly solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.