Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

envy2006

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2011
Hi, I just got my iphone 4 for about a month now.
It is running in version 4.2.1 Jailbroken

All went well with my iphone on its first weeks until I experienced a problem with its Wi-Fi just this lately.

I was at my friend's house and luckily he got a WiFi built in. I successfully connected my iPhone to their WiFi. The iPhone appeared to be connected to their network because I did see the WiFi curves besides my mobile carrier's name and its bars. The catch is, when I opened Cydia it said "Unable to Load The Internet Connection Appears To Be Offline." I was also unable to open any 'WiFi needed' apps like Safari, Facebook, etc. it seems the phone is not connected to any WiFi network but actually it is!
My friend had an iPhone 3G and the WiFi worked perfectly fine for him. He can browse the net, open cydia, facebook - everything my iPhone 4 failed to do.

That same day I went to the mall to test if I indeed have a WiFi issue with my iPhone. It did the same thing! I was able to connect to the mall's network but cannot load cydia, safari, etc. I resolved the problem temporarily when I reset my iPhone (holding home button and power button at the same time). When the iPhone started I connected again to the network and opened cydia and I was happy that my WiFi worked again.

But the problem came back when I returned again to the same spot in the mall. I tried to reset the phone again but it wont work anymore.

Please help!

Dylon

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2011
Something that has worked for a lot of people is using the "Reset Network Settings" under Settings -> General-> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

If your device is jailbroken, they have a program that restarts your wifi without restarting your phone. I'm not positive on how it works, or even if it's legit yet. But the reset your network settings has worked for a lot of people. But it's no guarantee.

envy2006

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2011
If I bring it to apple, will they void my warranty? The fact that I jailbroken my iPhone?

envy2006

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2011
Will restoring it to itunes deletes all my cracked apps installed in the phone?

******... :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.