Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
So, I've got a friend's iPod Touch 3rd Gen. The problem? iTunes says 4.2.1 is latest update (which the iPod currently has); however, I know 4.3.3 is also for 3rd Gen iPod Touches... any ideas why iTunes refuses to recognize 4.3.3 as latest update?

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
If you manually download the latest IPSW for the 3rd gen touch, can you do a manual update at all?

What is the capacity of the touch Jav? The old "third gen" 8GB models were second gen touches remember with a limit of 4.2.1. The 32/64GB models were the upgraded third gens capabele of the latest firmware.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
If you manually download the latest IPSW for the 3rd gen touch, can you do a manual update at all?

What is the capacity of the touch Jav? The old "third gen" 8GB models were second gen touches remember with a limit of 4.2.1. The 32/64GB models were the upgraded third gens capabele of the latest firmware.

Thanks, I looked up the serial # in the end. I was so confused because my friend sweared he bought a 3rd Gen iPod Touch.... but iTunes kept saying 4.2.1 was latest update...

Well, it's resolved... now I'm looking for on how to jailbreak this MC model...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.