Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flankgrace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2011
:mad::mad::mad: Recently I decided to move all my files to an external hard drive, I have recently lost that hard drive meaning I have lost the majority of my pictures, videos and all music, The music im not too bothered about but the pictures and videos are the things ill miss and will really regret moving.

I know there are ways to recover deleted files, but is there any way of recovering transferred files? It was done maybe a month ago and i lost it on Monday i am desperately trying to find the answer if there is a solution.

Thank you very much for your time and if there is anything to be done/try please let me know

Jeriff

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2011
New York
Nice to Recover Data for Mac

Have you tried to use Nice to Recover Data for Mac?:)
You can use it to scan the lost data and choose what you want to recover.
It can recover photos, videos, music and other multimedia files from both Mac hard drive and other portable storage devices with high quality.:p

Last edited:

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
:mad::mad::mad: Recently I decided to move all my files to an external hard drive, I have recently lost that hard drive meaning I have lost the majority of my pictures, videos and all music, The music im not too bothered about but the pictures and videos are the things ill miss and will really regret moving.

I know there are ways to recover deleted files, but is there any way of recovering transferred files? It was done maybe a month ago and i lost it on Monday i am desperately trying to find the answer if there is a solution.

Thank you very much for your time and if there is anything to be done/try please let me know

There's no difference between "deleted" and "transferred" files. You moved them to the external, then deleted them from the internal. You need something that will recover deleted files. Bear in mind, after a month, chances are greatly reduced that you'll get it all, if any.

I'd recommend Data Rescue III. It has a deleted files scan, and I've always had good success with it. Keep in mind you'll lose the filenames, because those are saved in the directory of the drive and can't be recovered. With music files, though, the metadata means iTunes will recognize their names and all the other information for you, so shouldn't be a big deal.

jW

flankgrace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2011
Thank you, Jeriff.It can help me recover the majority of my pictures, videos and some of music .
It's very kind of you ,Mal. I have tried the software. It is a good software.:D:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.