Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is upgrading its online order status pages this weekend. The above message is displayed if you try to access your Order Status from Apple's Online Apple Store (thanks Jordan). The downtime corresponds to Apple's May 22nd retail event.

While there were some high hopes about the event, the latest rumors suggest that the event corresponds to many Apple Retail changes and improvements such as a revamped concierge system and other internal systems. The online order status must be tied into the upgrades.

Article Link: Apple's Online Order Status Pages Down Until Sunday's Retail Meeting

Last edited by a moderator:

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

This is a sale for those Rapture Survivors.

Sounds like it could be big or just a new checkout process. AppleBucks or iBucks.

iDisk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2010
Menlo Park, CA
There will be no apocalypse until Steve says there will be an apocalypse ;)

Lol good one... Hey I didn't need CNN to tell me this, but aparently Apple is becoming "Evangelical"

I thought you believed that sort of nonsense? :rolleyes:

(Oh yes, it's just the bit about Saturday you're not sure about).

Dude those people are Freaking crazy lol I read Matthew 24:36 but apparently they didn't. Come May 21st I will be biking and enjoying my day like everybody else

Last edited by a moderator:

firestarter

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2002
Green and pleasant land
Dude those people are Freaking crazy lol I read Matthew 24:36 but apparently they didn't. Come May 21st I will be biking and enjoying my day like everybody else

Dude, the Saturday bit isn't the crazy bit.

The crazy bit is praying every day to an imaginary invisible egomaniac in the hope that he'll 'beam you up' to safety when he decides that it's time to torch everyone else on earth.

Crazy is as crazy does... ;)

Vol7ron

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2009
Derry, NH
Dude, the Saturday bit isn't the crazy bit.

The crazy bit is praying every day to an imaginary invisible egomaniac in the hope that he'll 'beam you up' to safety when he decides that it's time to torch everyone else on earth.

Crazy is as crazy does... ;)

Do you believe that wind exists? Can you see the wind, or just the effects of the wind?

PatrickCocoa

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
Forbidden Post

"it's online order status pages" should be:
"its online order status pages".

I don't believe this violates the terms forbidding improving other posters' grammar, since it's directed at whomever at MacRumors writes the introductions.

Vol7ron

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2009
Derry, NH
Good thing this isn't durning a major product launch....Lots of people would be sad that they couldn't hit the refresh button every 5 seconds to see if their status changed from not yet shipped to prepared for shipment and shipped.....I know I would be for those couple of days...

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
the only reason there would be an apocalypse is if society is "doing it wrong" lol bad joke but this is probably to just tie the site to the new enhancements to the stores. all the new things that users can sign up for on line for in store etc.

TonyMil

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2008
Could this also tie in to the event at the production plant today?
You can't check order status this way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.