Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mstrmac

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
EARTH
Dude, the Saturday bit isn't the crazy bit.

The crazy bit is praying every day to an imaginary invisible egomaniac in the hope that he'll 'beam you up' to safety when he decides that it's time to torch everyone else on earth.

Crazy is as crazy does... ;)

you fit in that group

kiljoy616

macrumors 68000
Apr 17, 2008
USA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

This is a sale for those Rapture Survivors.

Sounds like it could be big or just a new checkout process. AppleBucks or iBucks.

Or it could be the new iRapt. :rolleyes:

kiljoy616

macrumors 68000
Apr 17, 2008
USA
Lol good one... Hey I didn't need CNN to tell me this, but aparently Apple is becoming "Evangelical"

Dude those people are Freaking crazy lol I read Matthew 24:36 but apparently they didn't. Come May 21st I will be biking and enjoying my day like everybody else

They are all Freaking Crazy and most have never read their own interpretation of their Holy Book thing. :rolleyes:

As for Apple becoming Evangelical never going to happen but dam that what it seems for the FanGirls if you say the wrong thing.

PS: Maybe Apple is getting ready for the Rapture After Special :p

DisMyMac

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2009
This is a sale for those Rapture Survivors.

Sounds like it could be big or just a new checkout process. AppleBucks or iBucks.

I have to assume Steve and the board of Apple are personally connected to which ever government agencies might know if something dramatic were about to happen. It's not inconceivable that they are closing down in response. I don't "believe in" anything, I'm just saying there are a lot of crazy things in the news lately, so it could make sense.

hobo.hopkins

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
I have to assume Steve and the board of Apple are personally connected to which ever government agencies might know if something dramatic were about to happen. It's not inconceivable that they are closing down in response. I don't "believe in" anything, I'm just saying there are a lot of crazy things in the news lately, so it could make sense.

No it couldn't. Not even in the slightest. Why would you "have to assume" that Apple is personally connected with government agencies aware of impending disasters? That doesn't make any sense at all.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Seriously this is a major fail. I can't remember Amazon's order status EVER being down.

How true - Apple loves the drama and hype that runs rampant among the fan girls whenever the website posts an "update" notice.

Most websites, even some far larger and busier than Apple, handle updates without service interruptions.

Either Apple's webmeisters are incompetent, or Apple is trying to stoke the hype associated with any change. (I'll go with the latter.)

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
Seriously this is a major fail. I can't remember Amazon's order status EVER being down.

I don't think Apple could not keep their services running either. But that's not what they want. They need to do it to make iSheeps "suffering". That's how the cults operate. Amazon customers would be enraged but Apple customers only get even more excited.

mlmathews

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2009
Maybe Apple needs to acquire some company that knows how to roll out website updates without taking the site offline. It shouldn't be hard, since there are thousands of such companies. After that, maybe they can acquire a company that knows how to create an OS patching scheme that doesn't require downloading a whole new copy of the OS to fix something minor (like location tracking bugs).

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
Good thing this isn't durning a major product launch....Lots of people would be sad that they couldn't hit the refresh button every 5 seconds to see if their status changed from not yet shipped to prepared for shipment and shipped.....I know I would be for those couple of days...

That's actually me right now, just ordered an iMac. And I was like WTF, no email confirmation... just take my CC numbers and that's it?

skinnylegs

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2006
San Diego
Dude, the Saturday bit isn't the crazy bit.

The crazy bit is praying every day to an imaginary invisible egomaniac in the hope that he'll 'beam you up' to safety when he decides that it's time to torch everyone else on earth.

Crazy is as crazy does... ;)
The crazy bit is describing our creator as an invisible egomaniac. :)

nanolover

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2008
I don't believe this violates the terms forbidding improving other posters' grammar, since it's directed at whomever at MacRumors writes the introductions.

Be careful he who casts the first stone..."at whomever writes" doesn't quite sound correct...:rolleyes:

Bonte

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2002
Bruges, Belgium
Do you believe that wind exists? Can you see the wind, or just the effects of the wind?

It's not because we don't understand something it has to be from God, in that logic Apple and Steve are god-like because nobody really understands how Apple became the biggest tech company on earth. That's crazy, right? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.