Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DevanFerreira

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2011
Earlier today, I tried to remove some language packs on iPhone 3Gs. After I restarted the iPhone but I guess I deleted something I was supposed to, so I figured I'd just load the backup I did right before attempting to this. The only this is my iPhone is stuck in an endless loop of turning on and then turning off and rebooting. Whenever I try to enter DFU mode it turns off and starts charging then just starts the loop again, and even when I do happen to get into DFU mode my iTunes won't show the device making it so I can't restore my iPhone. As for entering recovery mode the EXACT same thing happens. Can anyone please help me out?

Methods I Tried:
  1. shutdown your iphone with the hard reset "home button and power for 10 second"
  2. connect the usb cable to the pc but NOT to the iphone"
  3. open itunes
  4. while the iphone is off, press the home button for 5-10 seconds then plus the other end of the white connection cable into the iphone
  5. do not remove your finger from the home button
  6. itunes will detect it and you can now restore it
  7. finally you need to jailbreak it again..follow the web instructions

1. Plug one end of the cord into your phone and the other in your computer
  2. Remove the cord in your computer, leaving the cord in the phone still plugged in
  3. Hold both the home button and on/off button on the phone
  4. Once the screen turns off, let go of the on/off button but continue holding the home button
  5. Plug in the other end of the cord in your computer while still holding the home button on the phone
  6. Once the apple logo appears, continue holding until you see the plug into iTunes screen on your phone
  7. Click restore

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.