Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheBusDriver

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 24, 2005
Hey recently my iPhone won't sync the photos to the iPhoto any ideas, it used to do it but now it won't

Thanks,
Steve

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
I've been having issues as well. It will sync some, but not all. I have the box checked to sync ALL, but it just doesn't happen for some reason.

Windows Vista, BTW.

smo84

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2007
I am having the same problem. I downloaded some pics from various iphone background websites, and some show up on the phone, and some do not. Also i noticed some are distorted, but fine on the PC.

Windows Vista Ultimate

IOIIOOO

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2007
I, too, am having the same issue. I've found that it's more successfuly and syncing smaller (file size and dimension) photos, but even certain ones of those don't sync for some reason.

I've also found that if I had a directory checked to sync and it gave me an error message about the photos not being able to be displayed, then I unchecked that directory, it continues to give the same error regarding photos I am no longer even trying to sync!

cal172

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2009
FYI - I removed the "iPod Photo Cache" folder from "My Pictures" folder and everything synced fine

laz305

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2007
Miami
I am having the worst error, I have 700mb of free space and it won't sync not 1 photo. Any idea why plz?

myxomycetes

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2009
I found this thread while I was looking for answers to this question and thought I'd share my solution since none of the answers I found worked.

I emailed myself all of the unsynced photos off of my Camera Roll, then deleted all of the photos in the Camera Roll. Snapped a new pic, resynced my iPhone and voila! Everything's back to normal.

Hope this helps someone.

Sped

macrumors regular
May 30, 2003
I am having trouble syncing in general and believe it is related to photos. I think iTunes is having troubles with .AVI files in my photo library. iTunes used to just skip these and move on, but now I am getting an error when I sync my phone. I using 10.6 BTW.

philcod

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2010
I had a similar problem, when doing a sync between iTunes version 10 on windows 7 and my iPhone 3GS, it wool only sync the videos and not the pictures, and sometimes it would only sync a couple of pictures.

Spent all day trying to fix, read many forums and tried many solutions to no avail.. Until...

Run iTunes in administrator mode. Right click on the icon then select run as administrator.

Problem solved....

Cod

lumpypuddin

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2011
At a loss

I had a similar problem, when doing a sync between iTunes version 10 on windows 7 and my iPhone 3GS, it wool only sync the videos and not the pictures, and sometimes it would only sync a couple of pictures.

Spent all day trying to fix, read many forums and tried many solutions to no avail.. Until...

Run iTunes in administrator mode. Right click on the icon then select run as administrator.

Problem solved....

Cod

This is my exact problem (minus the video part), operating system and phone model, however this solution did not work for me. Are there any other options for me to try? I'm at a loss as to why this won't work for me.

SinisterPower

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2011
Michigan
iPhone 3gs Wont Sync Either

Whenever I try to sync my photos it says the requested file cannot be found. It optimizes like 93 out of 1500 photos and no photos get synced. Really getting frustrated. :apple:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-14 at 2.51.44 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-14 at 2.51.44 PM.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 306

havanahelen

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2011
iPhoto syncing problem

Whenever I try to sync my photos it says the requested file cannot be found. It optimizes like 93 out of 1500 photos and no photos get synced. Really getting frustrated. :apple:

I'm having the same exact issue with my iPhone 4 & iPad 2, very frustrating!

Me too! iPhone 4. It has chosen a set of pics not to sync and I get the same message that James gets. Anyone know what the problem is?

asacam

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2011
iphone won't sync

I also had this problem. I copied all my photos from iPhoto to a folder on my desktop. Went into iPhoto and deleted all the events/photos. Re-installed photos from desktop folder to iPhoto. Tried syncing specific folders to iPhone4 and it worked! The problem appears to be the photo cache in iPhoto. Resetting it seems to be the issue.

Last edited:

pdxguy89

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2011
Solution

Me too! iPhone 4. It has chosen a set of pics not to sync and I get the same message that James gets. Anyone know what the problem is?

I kept getting the same problem shortly after upgrading to the latest software. In your iPhoto, you have to open up Finder, open Pictures folder. In it you will find iPhoto Library. Open the folder preferences (I don't know the term how to do it, but on my macbook I use two fingers to tap it open). Select "Show Package Contents" and then look for iPod Photo Cache. Take that file and trash it!! Go back to your iTunes, and sync your photos. This should work. I just tried it and I am relieved to finally get my pictures back on my iPhone!

Good Luck!

KKonLM

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2011
Execellent! This worked perfect.

I kept getting the same problem shortly after upgrading to the latest software. In your iPhoto, you have to open up Finder, open Pictures folder. In it you will find iPhoto Library. Open the folder preferences (I don't know the term how to do it, but on my macbook I use two fingers to tap it open). Select "Show Package Contents" and then look for iPod Photo Cache. Take that file and trash it!! Go back to your iTunes, and sync your photos. This should work. I just tried it and I am relieved to finally get my pictures back on my iPhone!

Good Luck!

This was the perfect solution. Thank you.

xianshell

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2008

Good Luck!

Perfect, thanks!

williamrivero

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2011
Simple Solution

Right click on iTunes.app in your applications folder and uncheck the run in 32-bit mode. Then sync your iDevice normally. HTH.:)

victoria.annaa

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
Thank you

Originally Posted by pdxguy89

Good Luck!

Thank yoo so much, this is the right solution!!!

- vic -

dmd999

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2012
Photo's

This is a problem that drives me mad to, I solved this problem but it was that long ago I couldn't remember how! After searching and finding no answer I went back to my phone to have another play and stumbled on something that works for me. Hopefully this will help others as there is a lot of people having trouble with this.
Don't try and sync the photos, shut itunes go to my computer and open the phone the same as an usb storage device it lists the photo's and them you can just save folder to my photos.
Simple but it worked! and I hope this will help others sat in front of itunes wondering why they have to make things so frustrating like I was :)

Capsgirl37

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2012
Write Access

I was having the same problem and tried all of the other suggestions. I was trying to sync one folder to my iPhone 5 and received the message that I did not have Write Access. I went into that folder in Finder and changed the settings from Read Only to Read and Write Access. I then was able to sync that folder with all of the photos into it onto my iPhone. Just another possible option for someone to try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.