Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turbobass

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Los Angeles
Really wish I could understand the appeal of these games, there's a new one every year so I imagine that keeps it feeling fresh.
Although I don't think I could ever buy a £50 game that had (5 map) packs for £13 each!
Actually I think BlackOps has been fairly well supported and will keep playing it happily up to and potentially past MW3 release though I am definitely getting and playing that too.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
Actually I think BlackOps has been fairly well supported and will keep playing it happily up to and potentially past MW3 release though I am definitely getting and playing that too.

I haven't played Black Ops in awhile. I wasn't very impressed with BO coming from MW1 and MW2. I am still playing MW2 going playing No Russian and going in free for all and go, " Stabby Stabby" with my tactical knife. :)

lilcosco08

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2010
Dayton
I haven't played Black Ops in awhile. I wasn't very impressed with BO coming from MW1 and MW2. I am still playing MW2 going playing No Russian and going in free for all and go, " Stabby Stabby" with my tactical knife. :)

Marathon lightweight ninja pro Tactical knife <3

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Some details on MW3:

1. Three game studios working on it: Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games, Raven Software

2. Infinity Ward has been told they will have no say in multiplayer (Sledgehammer Games will be solely working on multiplayer and Infinity Ward on single player)

3. Raven Software will be an "in the middle" guy, developing spec ops missions

So, hopefully this will be the first actually good CoD multiplayer game.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
So, hopefully this will be the first actually good CoD multiplayer game.

Just as long as I can have my knifing setup I will be happy.

But, there will never be a good COD multiplayer unless they figure out ways to stop camping(unless you're a sniper of course) and boosting( making sure tactical insertion is gone for good would help).

Sambo110

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2007
Australia
COD4 (and I guess WaW) were the last good CoD games. MW2 was alright for a bit, but once you get over the "new-ness" of it you realise how bad it is, and that everything is designed for newbs and casuals. Black ops copied this, which made it suck too. This looks like it'll have a good campaign, but if multiplayer is still for casuals, definitely won't even look at it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.