Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the.sheepdog

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2009
Central FL

He is saying that you can make the charging cable as long as you want by plugging it into an extension cord instead of the wall outlet. iPhone charging cables are normally shorter than cords on TV sets and such. I have a 6footer and it is in the way a lot. The normal cable/charger cord is plenty for most folks.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
He is saying that you can make the charging cable as long as you want by plugging it into an extension cord instead of the wall outlet. iPhone charging cables are normally shorter than cords on TV sets and such. I have a 6footer and it is in the way a lot. The normal cable/charger cord is plenty for most folks.

i dont know that normally cable is pointless to use while charging its only 3 feet long you pretty much need to stand beside the outlet to use it while charging, i agree its plenty long for syncing with your computer becasue you sit close to the usb ports, but outlets are not always that close to your sofa or chair

Spoolin414

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2008
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I bought a 10ft Griffin USB Cable at Walmart for $24.99 I believe. Its a nice thick cable and good quality too I love it.

pimpin111

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2011
You're right. I had forgotten. I just ordered five from eBay for $5 shipped. I was surprised how good the quality was. Time will tell.

flsuperstore.com 2.49 shipped

Good quality I forgot to mention. I got one for me and my girl and she breaks everything and it's still good after a couple months now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.