Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
It seems like Apple has great design taste for pretty much everything except their online services graphics.

Looks like they're upholding that grand tradition.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Pretty sure this isn't how they would've wanted it to be discovered.

Yep. Someone's going to get a scolding, at least.

Now, how long before someone tries to analyze those tiny icons inside the cloud? :rolleyes:

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
its a...cloud. Who would've guessed? :rolleyes:

jokes aside, the icon looks great already, but i'll wait for a proper HD shot.
it almost looks like an app icon!

hglk

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2009
Utah, USA
It is just an outline of the mobile me icon.. they should've just used the Mobile Me one...

It looks nicer.

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
I don't think Apple is trying to hide this icon, I mean they already announced the service so probably not trying to keep the icon under wraps. Looks more professional then the MM icon IMO. I like it.

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
I wonder which clip art they stole this one from. Looks nothing more than a weather map symbol.

If you love this icon, you really have low expectations in life.

sziehr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
having working in a tier 3 data center i just hope these guys are prepared for the full tilt assault they are about to receive when 10 of millions try to hit this service at once. This was always the issue with mobile me. I remember reading steve went up and down screaming at the team behind it. Lets hope he screamed at them before the release this time.

ratzzo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2011
Madrid
Sorry for off-topic, but seeing how this is all done with WWDC in mind, does anyone know if they'll put a live stream of the event? cheers

jmcrutch

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
having working in a tier 3 data center i just hope these guys are prepared for the full tilt assault they are about to receive when 10 of millions try to hit this service at once. This was always the issue with mobile me. I remember reading steve went up and down screaming at the team behind it. Lets hope he screamed at them before the release this time.

I think the previous screaming counts here...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.