Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FluJunkie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
So I downloaded the new beta of the FaH client, and it came with the handy GUI installer and the Folding@Home Client Control application. But part of me misses the soothing Terminal-based setup I used to have.

Frankly, I'm not all that skilled at random Terminal tasks - anyone have a quick guide to launching the client directly in the terminal window?

rwh202

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2010
UK
So I downloaded the new beta of the FaH client, and it came with the handy GUI installer and the Folding@Home Client Control application. But part of me misses the soothing Terminal-based setup I used to have.

Frankly, I'm not all that skilled at random Terminal tasks - anyone have a quick guide to launching the client directly in the terminal window?

Hi,

I'm sure there must be guide somewhere, but I've not seen it!

I just tried the following at the terminal and it looks like it works:

Code:
cd /Applications/Folding@home\ Client.app/Contents/MacOS
./FAHClient

I don't know where/how this then gets its config, or if you'll need any extra switches

Rob

Edit:
A bit more playing, and copying config.xml from ~/Library/Application Support/FAHClient to /Applications/Folding@home Client.app/Contents/MacOS gets your username and settings entered through the GUI to the client (just don't have pause on start set to true like I did!)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.