Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 6, 2011, 02:39 PM   #1
-Garry-
macrumors 6502a

Apple Moving to November Release Schedule for iOS and iPhone?

Here's a little topic for wild speculation.

Last year, Apple announced that iOS 4 for the iPad would be coming 'Fall 2010.' In the end, it was officially released in the last week of November which I believe which much later than many expected.

Given that this year's iPhone probably won't see it's usual June/July release, I wonder if Apple has implemented a new release timeframe across iPhone/iOS

And now we jump to the wild speculation... If Apple 'announce' the iPhone 4S/5 in a special media event in September, with a release in November alongside iOS5, we may see the beginnings of a new release strategy. Announce iOS at WWDC with a beta release to developers with the hardware and final software release coming just before the lucrative holiday period.

Discuss.
-Garry- is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 02:44 PM   #2
iApples
macrumors 65816

The only problem I see about right before the holiday season is that the iPhone will not be able to meet the demand. When they released the iPhone 4 in July, it couldn't meet the demand, but after a month supply started to equal out. Then it picked up again near Christmas. Now for a release a month before Christmas... It's going to be near impossible to get one, and not to mention the release will be pushed back even later in other Countries. Which means that will be for an after the holidays release. Which I don't really see as a smart marketing plan.

I still think it's going to be a September release for the US, and a November release for other Countries.
iApples is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone