Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TXCraig

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Got It!

And yes, it was well worth it. The leather smells so good and the case is very well designed. It does not make the iPad too think ( I was worried about that).

On parr with the other Vaja cases that I have purchased and loved....

CorruptedSanity

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
Ok got mine few days ago. Ordered it 1.5 months ago and at the time delivery was expected in 2 months. So they were half a month early. Good.

I got black with friar brown inserts. Will post pictures soon.

I have a question though, isnt it uncomfortable to hold in portrait/landscape mode when laying in bed, sitting on the sofa and so on? The flap that flips around the back is cumbersome and generally makes the ipad bulky.

Any thoughts, suggestions or tips?

thanks!

pics coming soon

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Ok got mine few days ago. Ordered it 1.5 months ago and at the time delivery was expected in 2 months. So they were half a month early. Good.

I got black with friar brown inserts. Will post pictures soon.

I have a question though, isnt it uncomfortable to hold in portrait/landscape mode when laying in bed, sitting on the sofa and so on? The flap that flips around the back is cumbersome and generally makes the ipad bulky.

Any thoughts, suggestions or tips?

thanks!

pics coming soon

Same color combination as me! Looks even better in real life than the Vaja illustrations. Anyway, I agree that it is kind of bulky folded back. Typically I am always propping the iPad on my legs or something, so it's not a big annoyance for me. Sometimes I use the legs on the cover even while holding it on my lap.

[While waiting for the Vaja I also bought one of the Noreve cases. Even now I switch off and on--the Noreve cover feels thinner and does fold back very flat which is a plus to me. The Vaja, on the other hand, has a much better typing position than the Noreve. Both have nice landscape "movie" positions.]

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I just went to order a second one in black and gray and see it is no longer available. I had to "settle" for the Agenda 2. :(

My Agenda 2 came in last week and it is as beautiful as the original Agenda.

The one issue I have is that when the "flap" is used for the angled typing position, it is not as snug as the original Apple case. Not a huge issue, but I used to like to place my hand in the triangular space. Now I cannot.

Oh, well. It is still beautiful.

PacMookBro

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2007
I just went to order a second one in black and gray and see it is no longer available. I had to "settle" for the Agenda 2. :(

The one issue I have is that when the "flap" is used for the angled typing position, it is not as snug as the original Apple case. Not a huge issue, but I used to like to place my hand in the triangular space. Now I cannot.

I've owned the original Agenda version 1 before and I can say that while the simple fold-out flap stand is stable and sturdy however, it did not work well on my lap or on uneven surfaces. Despite the issue you are having, you should be glad you bought the Agenda 2, which I think is superior than the predecessor. :)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I've purchased a number of vajacases over the years and generally they've been high quality and look great.

The last iPhone case I purchased, I was a bit disappointed. It look a design flaw that caused the leather to wear away near the flap that snapped over the bottom of the phone. Plus the white stripe that ran down the case also separated from it. I was disappointed by how easily it fell apart.

I did call for a replacement when my first case had shown signs of excessive wear near the area that snaps over the phone. I gave up on the second.

200 bucks is a bit excessive, heck its 40% of the cost of an iPad. While it looks sharp the high price and quality issues I ran into make me steer away from them.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN

Hi! Just a question since you have both the 1 and 2 versions . . . Is there much difference in overall thickness between the two? I have an Agenda 1 already. Thanks

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Hi! Just a question since you have both the 1 and 2 versions . . . Is there much difference in overall thickness between the two? I have an Agenda 1 already. Thanks

The Agenda 2 may be a wee tad thinner because the front flap doesn't have the built-in stands, but nothing discernible without fine measuring tools, i.e. calibrator.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Just an FYI...

I was at an Apple Store today and the new iPd 2 fits in my Vaja Agenda 2. It is slightly loose but will not come out. I shook it pretty hard upside down over the table. I think the Apple employee thought I was nuts. ;)

skids929

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2011
Just an FYI...

I was at an Apple Store today and the new iPd 2 fits in my Vaja Agenda 2. It is slightly loose but will not come out. I shook it pretty hard upside down over the table. I think the Apple employee thought I was nuts. ;)

I want the new Libretto from Vaja, but hesitant to wait at long as I hear people have waited. I waited long enough for the iPad2 now accessories are the new hunt. Uhhhgggh.

skids929

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2011
From the stories I've heard, it might take longer :(

What stories have you heard? I am trying to get an answer out of Vaja, but I get no response. This and the fact they take so long to produce is making me think this is not a good company to invest in by purchasing their products. And the new Marware case looks like it will work well for alot less dough. But the vaja is just so damn sexy.

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
What stories have you heard? I am trying to get an answer out of Vaja, but I get no response. This and the fact they take so long to produce is making me think this is not a good company to invest in by purchasing their products. And the new Marware case looks like it will work well for alot less dough. But the vaja is just so damn sexy.

If you want it as fast as possible order now! As more people find out these are now available the wait time is going to increase. All of their cases are hand made, hence the long wait times.

Lenow

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2007
Vaja Cases Are Worth the Wait, Maybe Not The Expense

OK. I broke down and bought the Leather AGenda 2 for my iPad. I love it. I have had Vaja cases and covers since I had a Sony Clie. However, I may skip the LIbretto. The great beauty of the ipad2 is how thin it is. I like holding the case with only the smart cover. I have ordered a Gelskin custom back protector with my mastiff's face on it. Of course, that is until I see pictures of the Libretto.

Anyone who wants my Vaja Leather Agenda 2 in chocolate brown, let me know. I am willing to sell it.

johnc22

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Atlanta
I bought a black edition for my iPhone 4 and the red interior began to delaminate from the outer cover where the "hinge" is. Multiple emails to Vaja went unanswered. The first case I had is faded but put together very well, but for the premium they charge and lack of response on this issue, I probably won't order one for my iPad.

skids929

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2011
I bought a black edition for my iPhone 4 and the red interior began to delaminate from the outer cover where the "hinge" is. Multiple emails to Vaja went unanswered. The first case I had is faded but put together very well, but for the premium they charge and lack of response on this issue, I probably won't order one for my iPad.

Yeah I am of the mind to look past Vaja at this point. I get no responses either with a very simple question as a prospective buyer. If they can't answer that I can't expect them to handle my order properly. Their cases are beautiful, and I may still take the plunge, but going to wait a little longer for a response to my question.

I like that the Libretto makes use of the sleep/wake feature with magnets in the cover part of the case. Alot of these folio cases hitting the market right now do not, which is shameful if you ask me.

I have my eye on the Marware CEO case for the ipad2, being shipped soon. Link below. This does jut about everything a folio case can do, has the magnet for sleep feature, and was a well reviewed case for the ipad 1.

http://www.marware.com/ipad-kindle-cases-and-covers/ipad-2-cases/c-e-o-hybrid-ipad-2-case

MrDragon

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2011
Only for Vaja fans

Vaja will be giving away 1 certificate for u$ 200 and 10 certificates for 30% off on Thursday June 7th among all Vaja fans.

BlindMellon

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2011
Jesus, I cringe at having to spend $50 on a decent case. $200 on a case is irresponsible however much money you make. Donate that extra $150 to a shelter for battered women or something, geesh.

blkonblk17

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2009
I love the case. However I upgraded to the iPad 2 and have this one laying around. This is for the first generation iPad. I used it for 1 month tops. It's in MINT condition and I would describe it to be new. Willing to sell for $120 shipped USPS priority and I will cover the paypal fees. I'm going to put it on ebay today.. so keep an eye for it if your interested.

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3239.jpg

IMG_3242.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.