Charging Issues - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Jun 1, 2011, 12:23 PM   #1
jer446
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to jer446
Charging Issues

I am having some issues with the car charger that I bought from Amazon. It is a dock connector that splits into a usb cable and aux output. When it works, I love it. It worked very well for a while, but recently, when I plug it in I have no idea if it will charge. Sometimes it will start charging and then a few minutes later stop and say "charging is not supported with this accessory", other times it wont charge at all and then randomly start charging along my ride.

Why is this happening? Is there anything I can do to fix it, or do I need ot buy a better cable for my iPhone 4?
jer446 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 08:40 PM   #2
tekbeattv
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer446 View Post
I am having some issues with the car charger that I bought from Amazon. It is a dock connector that splits into a usb cable and aux output. When it works, I love it. It worked very well for a while, but recently, when I plug it in I have no idea if it will charge. Sometimes it will start charging and then a few minutes later stop and say "charging is not supported with this accessory", other times it wont charge at all and then randomly start charging along my ride.

Why is this happening? Is there anything I can do to fix it, or do I need ot buy a better cable for my iPhone 4?
From the sound of the issue, looks like you might have a short in the cable. Similar to how sometimes if you have headphones and a section of the cord gets bent too often or too much stress is put on it that it stops working.

I honestly would suggest getting a replacement or double checking to see if it is still under warranty.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 09:56 PM   #3
jer446
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to jer446
Could it be a short if thenaudio works perfectly? My charging barely works anymore. It switches between charging and not charging ever 10 seconds or so now and is extremely annoying while driving.
jer446 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:04 PM   #4
tekbeattv
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer446 View Post
Could it be a short if thenaudio works perfectly? My charging barely works anymore. It switches between charging and not charging ever 10 seconds or so now and is extremely annoying while driving.
Still a possibility, your best bet is to get a replacement sadly . Hopefully you can get a replacement easily. Hope this helps!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 02:57 AM   #5
Makaveli3
macrumors newbie

The charging port could be messed up. I am thinking you need to get a replacement for it. It doesn't take a lot of time to fix. But you need to buy the part.

I got this website from a friend, it might help you.

http://directiphoneparts.com/iphone-...-assembly.html
Makaveli3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 03:03 AM   #6
Djzzero
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli3 View Post
The charging port could be messed up. I am thinking you need to get a replacement for it. It doesn't take a lot of time to fix. But you need to buy the part.

I got this website from a friend, it might help you.

http://directiphoneparts.com/iphone-...-assembly.html
I've been on this website before, got a charger port from this website and it worked perfectly after I bought it, I can vouch for this!
Djzzero is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories