Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nebulos

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2010
so many MBA rumors, they've been demoted from the front page.

everyday i think about caving early and buying something now. everyday i convince myself to keep waiting.

when i finally get one, i won't even be happy. i'll just stare at it, empty inside. it will stare back. we'll sit there like that for a while. then it will go to sleep. then i will go to sleep, forever.

PraisiX-windows

macrumors regular
May 19, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8J2)

Please please allow room for 512Gb sdd hd and 8gb memory in the new air *prays*

Just to clarify, it's "ssd", I'm sure that's just a typo though. - Also a hard drive (hd) is a storage solution which differs from the solid state one.

mwayne85

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2009
so many mba rumors, they've been demoted from the front page.

Everyday i think about caving early and buying something now. Everyday i convince myself to keep waiting.

When i finally get one, i won't even be happy. I'll just stare at it, empty inside. It will stare back. We'll sit there like that for a while. Then it will go to sleep. Then i will go to sleep, forever.

lol!!!

justaregularjoe

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2008
Just to clarify, it's "ssd", I'm sure that's just a typo though. - Also a hard drive (hd) is a storage solution which differs from the solid state one.

HD = Hard Drive
HDD = Hard Disk Drive
SSD = Solid State Drive

"SSD HD" technically isn't incorrect; "solid state drive hard drive" is redundant and wordy, not wrong. Most people just believe that HD is a shortening of HDD. "SSD HDD" would be wrong.

[/nerd]

Backlit keyboard, please.

THIS. I don't always use the backlight on my MBP, but it is nice to at least have the option.

robeddie

Suspended
Jul 21, 2003
Atlanta
so many MBA rumors, they've been demoted from the front page.

everyday i think about caving early and buying something now. everyday i convince myself to keep waiting.

when i finally get one, i won't even be happy. i'll just stare at it, empty inside. it will stare back. we'll sit there like that for a while. then it will go to sleep. then i will go to sleep, forever.

One of the most poetic posts ever. Thank you for that.

Hopefully, it will have a backlit keyboard to act as a nightlight while you sleep.

WickedPuddin

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2011
Doubt they will release the Macbook Air anytime soon, they have so much on their hands with OSX Lion, building the new apple headquarters, etc...

macjacky11

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2011
dont think it will change its design this time. I am looking forward to its updated spec though.

macjacky11

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2011
I think I will be happy with faster cpu and bigger storage. It is think and light enough for me.

kustardking

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2008
New York
Ethernet. Put a fardoogling Ethernet port on there!

How can people wish for an 512GB SSD or 8GB RAM and not an Ethernet port? Wifi at any speed is SLOW, the USB Ethernet adapter is SLOW. Do *not* suggest that a Thunderbolt adapter is OK, because it isn't. A monster dongle hanging off the Air just to get *decade old* networking technology is 'tarded. The minimal set of ports to make it portable without extra junk is

- USB
- Thunderbolt/DP
- SD
- Ethernet

It is super lame that the current 11" doesn't have SD. And yes, they could have put it on there. One thing I despise about Apple is the musical chairs game they play with you so that no one of their computers has all of what you need. And no, it's not what *I* need, it's a simple matter of giving their machines RANGE.

The 13" (Un)Pro has a junk screen res. Just lose the darn thing and give us good Air models.

And NO, the Air will NOT be released with 8GB, because that would mess up their musical chairs game with the Pro models. 8GB puts it in the same mental space as Gigabit Ethernet occupies, so they will NOT put 8GB in it.

kustardking

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2008
New York
If they make it from Liquidmetal.

It doesn't need to be thinner before all models get

- SD
- Gb Ethernet
- 8GB RAM

Alas, they won't do Ethernet and RAM because that would make it into a non-coffee shop, actual computer. For actual computing you're supposed to buy a Pro, because "Pro" is the new word for "normal," and "Air" is the new word for "appliance."

I want the air because it's lightweight, and the ***simple*** addition of RAM and Ethernet would prevent me from having to carry 3x the weight.

Lahmy88

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Shepparton, Victoria, Australia
Do *not* suggest that a Thunderbolt adapter is OK, because it isn't. A monster dongle hanging off the Air just to get *decade old* networking technology is 'tarded.

A Thunderbolt adapter with multiple USB connectors and other assorted connectors would be the ultimate setup, because you can come back to your home office and just plug that and ya magsafe power in and you're ready to go ;)

I would actually really love to see the next LED Cinema Display take advantage of Thunderbolt and have more than just 3 USB 2.0 ports, but a Firewire port, eSata maybe (I know, I know), as well, possibly USB 3.0 (ok! I know, I know lol), and since it'll be Thunderbolt it'll have another Thunderbolt port on it to connect another device or extra monitor ;)
Couple this with HD FaceTime camera, built in mic and speakers and I'd be completely setup with my Air and Cinema Display :)

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2009
The only reason I'd consider selling mine is if the graphics card is NOT the Intel 3000 HD card. If they put something - anything - better than that, I'm going to list my late-2010 Ultimate model on eBay the same day. I want the Sandy Bridge processor and Thunderbolt port, but the graphics card has to be better than the one in my current machine as well. Otherwise, I'll get by until Ivy Bridge. :)

Obi Wan Kenobi

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2011
London, UK
Apple are waiting for Lion?

I thought there was another rumour, that there will be no refreshes until Lion is ready. Once it is ready, they will launch the refresh.

:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.