Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
First they take away the G4 Cube, and now this! With their new circular headquarters building being planned Apple has definitely forgone square for round.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005

Attachments

• apple-louvre5-600x400.jpg
    apple-louvre5-600x400.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 74

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Id like to see the Time Square store. I don't care that its an Apple store inside (although I like those too since you can play with everything and it works) I just think its an awesome looking building.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
First they take away the G4 Cube, and now this! With their new circular headquarters building being planned Apple has definitely forgone square for round.

Steve is trading in the Cube for the circle. Next he'll decide the circle could be more efficient if it was a sphere. I suspect the iDiamond to come after that.

Once all those shapes are used, he will introduce the iConnect, a cerebral connection device that connects minds to sharing, processing and interpreting data. Why share your photos with just a few people when you can share them with the world?

Of course, there's the inevitable one mind syndrome and trading body parts for functional prosthetics and holographic imaging systems and galactic conquest and assimilation.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Steve is trading in the Cube for the circle. Next he'll decide the circle could be more efficient if it was a sphere. I suspect the iDiamond to come after that.
If Apple comes out with a spherical computer, I want full credit for giving them the idea, in the 3rd paragraph of an otherwise dopey MacRumors post that I made over 8 years ago.

Helixc0de

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2011
I don't understand why apple needs to worry about updating and renovating there stores. Here in South Carolina there is 2 stores. One in Green ville which has a population of about 75,000 and one in Charleston with a population of 115,000. But here in Columbia (The capital and the largest city in South Carolina). Has a population of about 425,000 but no Apple stores. I hate having to drive 2 hours just go get a iPhone repaired or going to the genius bar. APPLE PLEASE BUILD A STORE HERE!!!!!!!

tonylxxviii

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I don't understand why apple needs to worry about updating and renovating there stores. Here in South Carolina there is 2 stores. One in Green ville which has a population of about 75,000 and one in Charleston with a population of 115,000. But here in Columbia (The capital and the largest city in South Carolina). Has a population of about 425,000 but no Apple stores. I hate having to drive 2 hours just go get a iPhone repaired or going to the genius bar. APPLE PLEASE BUILD A STORE HERE!!!!!!!

Yet here in NYC there are 3 stores in Manhattan, hell even a store in Staten Island, where's the store in Brooklyn??? And now they've closed a great bar in Grand Central to put a store where it doesn't even belong.

I love Apple and all, but enough is enough here in NYC.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
If Apple comes out with a spherical computer, I want full credit for giving them the idea, in the 3rd paragraph of an otherwise dopey MacRumors post that I made over 8 years ago.
:D I seem to have had some presages as well.

OTOH, "Oh do pay attention 007. In the wrong hands, this 12-core 2.93GHz Westmere Mac Pro could be very dangerous." seems to be quite behind the times. How about "Oh do pay attention 007. In the wrong hands, this 4 stack grid of 4-core 2GHz Core i7 Mac-Mini could be very dangerous."

Rocketman

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.