Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
Haha, you STILL haven't answered wikus' assertion that apple copies too...

And he wont. I dont expect him to have a rational view at all, its clear his mind is dead set on blind faith for anything pro-apple.

Why is it that only apple consumers show this kind of evangelical worship to a corporation that ultimately DOES NOT GIVE A DAMN about them, at all, except for their wallet?

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2011
Apple's been doing the industry's R&D since 2007. I'll give them a pass on the Android issue. Google had it coming.

And Samsung's been infringing for quite some time now.

Your logic makes no sense.

ssk2

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2011
Apple's been doing the industry's R&D since 2007. I'll give them a pass on the Android issue. Google had it coming.

And Samsung's been infringing for quite some time now.

And there we have it people, proof that LTD thinks that Apple is free to flount IP laws just because Lord Jobs created it. Fantastic.

Apple copied an app called 'LockInfo'

So you're admitting a) that Apple DID copy someone and b) ignoring the fact that there is also the 'swipe to view feature' which Apple have copied from Android?

The android fanboys will tell you Apple has done nothing worthy of any credit. I think they want everyone doing things the way they do them and so they have to lash out at every opportunity. I hope they get help soon.

Only an android fanboy would fail to see what Samsung has done.

I think Apple's products are fantastic - I own a Macbook and am about to purchase an iPad. I'm not a fanboy of any description, but Apple are being ridiculous here - they deserve to be laughed out of court.

erzhik

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2010
The android fanboys will tell you Apple has done nothing worthy of any credit. I think they want everyone doing things the way they do them and so they have to lash out at every opportunity. I hope they get help soon.

Fanboys won't tell you, just like Apple fanboys will never admit that Android is better in some aspects (I repeat, SOME). But an educated and well informed adult will tell you that Apple, Google or whatever have done things worthy of credit. Apple has done great innovations that deserve credit, but so did other companies, including but not limited to Nokia, Google, RIM, Samsung, HTC, etc, etc etc. And Apple is partially responsible for what smartphone market is right now, just as Nokia's Elop said it before.

But it is clear that you are the type of a person that you described yourself.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

ten-oak-druid said:

Is everybody with a difference of opinion to yourself classed as a fanboy?

Here to go, as a "fanboy" I will say that elements of Samsung's TouchWiz UI are familiar to iOS and the design of the Galaxy S i9000 bears a striking resemblance to the iPhone.

What I don't understand is where devices like the Nexus S fit in. Stock Android, curved screen, no bezel... The Nexus s looks different to me.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I think there is some deep seeded need in all of you to make everyone conform to your view. I don't know what the underlying issue is but I hope you get help.

The ones who are quick to say that everyone else has a problem are often the ones with problems themselves.

Considering how you shout down and call those who disagree with you stupid, I'd say you were talking more about yourself here than anyone else.

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
There was a study done a while back, and they found that most Mac users back up Apple as if it's a religion.. And I think thats true..

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
There was a study done a while back, and they found that most Mac users back up Apple as if it's a religion.. And I think thats true..

It is completely true.

*shields himself from a reign of religious terror about to be bestowed upon me from *LTD* and company*

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Your logic makes no sense.

Don't even try to bother understanding it. I've since given up and added him to my ignore list. Some people are so biased that it hurts to try to figure it out.

Give lots and lots of money to another entity. Check
Ignores any facts that go against their beliefs. Check
Impossible to find any logic behind those beliefs. Check

Yeah, sounds like an accurate study to me :D

ten-oak-druid

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Is everybody with a difference of opinion to yourself classed as a fanboy?

Here to go, as a "fanboy" I will say that elements of Samsung's TouchWiz UI are familiar to iOS and the design of the Galaxy S i9000 bears a striking resemblance to the iPhone.

What I don't understand is where devices like the Nexus S fit in. Stock Android, curved screen, no bezel... The Nexus s looks different to me.

Do you really think I believe everyone with a different opinion on this story is a fanboy? :rolleyes:

You don't the difference between the small notifications system and the giant OS? You should, as they are hugely different issues.

The Android fanboys won't get it.

Fanboys won't tell you, just like Apple fanboys will never admit that Android is better in some aspects (I repeat, SOME). But an educated and well informed adult will tell you that Apple, Google or whatever have done things worthy of credit. Apple has done great innovations that deserve credit, but so did other companies, including but not limited to Nokia, Google, RIM, Samsung, HTC, etc, etc etc. And Apple is partially responsible for what smartphone market is right now, just as Nokia's Elop said it before.

But it is clear that you are the type of a person that you described yourself.

Perhaps I am not what I seem. Try having some fun for a change. Or stay on your high horse.

ssk2

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2011
You don't the difference between the small notifications system and the giant OS? You should, as they are hugely different issues.

How can you argue this?

A notification system is just as big as any other part of an OS. Heck, the look of icons probably falls below the importance of an OS' notification system.

RawBert

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2010
North Hollywood, CA
That fake iPhone reminds me of these fake ass Jords. They may look similar but c'mon.

la-gear-mvp-jordan-4-02.jpg

It's apparent that Samsung was deliberately trying to make an iPhone knockoff.

Last edited:

erzhik

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2010

Notifications is a huge part of OS. If it was so small, why would Apple focus so much attention on improving their notifications system in iOS 5?

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
As someone who's dabbled with design for the past 15 years (and gone to school for it to make sure you guys think my statement is credible) let me be the first to say this:

Apple's iOS grid UI is not only the most boring of all mobile devices, its also the least aesthetically pleasing.

HTC's Sense UI is far more attractive.

No, I'm not an Android/HTC fanboy, my current phone is a Nokia e71, before you guys make assumptions. Also, please refrain from ignorant Nokia bashing, as its been the cool thing to do on this forum lately.

Mattie Num Nums

macrumors 68030
Mar 5, 2009
USA

Ok if the notification system is no big deal, than Samsung using a GRID for its icons shouldn't be a big deal either. I mean after all my Casio Pocket Organizer had the same layout in the 80's.

dukeblue91

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Apple copied an app called 'LockInfo'

http://www.lockinfo.net/

vs Apple's

I'm so tired of hearing and reading that Apple copied this from Android.
" I know you did not say that wikus "

They did not copie it!
Apple actually went and hired the guy that made it for the Cydia store, big difference.

Lets also not forget where most of Androids ideas came from " Google CEO sitting on Apples board of directors ".
This was about as crappy and backstabbing as one can be.

ten-oak-druid

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2010
So the problem with the android fanboys is that they seem to equate players in the industry incorporating some features the competition offers with outright copying on a grand scale. These people also seem to believe anyone agreeing with Apple's strong case against Samsung must believe all competitors are copying Apple.

This is not the case. Of course tablets are all going to be similar in some regard. But look at the playbook for instance. A quick glimpse of its OS shows some unique elements. RIM at least tried to add a bit of originality. It is a shame though that they have to rely on "Flash" support as an advertising gimmick. It is so lame and pointless. But Samsung blatantly copied Apple. There is no doubt about it. And they did it while doing business with Apple which is sad.

alexhooren

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2005
This is so ridiculous! Apple didn't invent the mobile phone. They didn't invent the touch screen. They did some fantastic work on making touch screen smart phones usable! In doing so, and since, they have borrowed from others and others have borrowed from them.

At the beginning of 2007, Apple announced the iPhone and Samsung announced the F700 - the announcements were less than a month apart (in other words there simply wasn't time to copy).

Both are rounded touch screen devices with a grid style icon layout.

Apple really need to accept they didn't invent everything!

The Samsung F700:

gsmarena_001.jpg

(This from a long time Apple fan and iPhone user since 2008)

ten-oak-druid

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2010
The ones who are quick to say that everyone else has a problem are often the ones with problems themselves.

Considering how you shout down and call those who disagree with you stupid, I'd say you were talking more about yourself here than anyone else.

That's right. I go to Windows and Android forums everyday and harass them about why their experience is inferior and the manufacturers of the products they use are wrong and call them fanboys at the drop of a hat. :rolleyes:

Get real.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.