Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jae Hokes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2011
Hey guys, i have been searching the web trying to find ways to make money on my mac, i see people talking about blogging and things like that which im not really interested in. Does anyone in this forum do anything on the computer to make some extra side cash that actually really works? Any help would be greatly appreciated

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Just because you have a Mac, doesn't mean you can just make money. What skills & interests do you have?

Jae Hokes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2011
Have you ever did online surveys, or built a webpage? I have a full time job at Chase but would like to make more money when i get home, i read the forum link you just posted but noone really gave any legit answers

MacAndMic

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2009
It's a tool, like a hammer is to a carpenter, not a magic money maker.

Put the carpenter with the hammer and you can build something. You already know the answer and it is the question. What do you do? and how can you couple the computer with it and make cash.

Jae Hokes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2011
i know what your saying, its tough to make money online - i just wanted to see if anyone actually found a way to do it - but thanks alot for your input guys, if anyone knows any good web design tools or anything let me know!

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
i know what your saying, its tough to make money online - i just wanted to see if anyone actually found a way to do it - but thanks alot for your input guys, if anyone knows any good web design tools or anything let me know!

Your title is a bit off. You mean you want to make money with you mac through online means. Well even that is super vague. It's like asking, hey wat career would be good for me? You gotta be a lot more specific.

Just do what you like, I like doing art/design so I freelance on the side. If you're looking got get rich quick stuff there's tons of it on the internet but I wouldn't waste your time with that stuff. Do something that involves your interest.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I make money using my iMac doing-
Freelance game art
Developing games
Freelance iOS producer and consultant
A bit of website design
Stock art for magazines, brochures etc
Selling stuff on eBay
Small photography jobs for local businesses

Just do what you do best. If it's art, then make art. If it's music then make music. If it's IT support then do that. Just monetise what you have skills, talent or an education in.

awer25

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2011
Well, the easiest way is probably:

1. Post it for a reasonable price on Craigslist - cash only.
2. Meet/rob prospective buyers.
3. Repeat.

You could probably get a few grand that way before you're either caught, or beaten up by a guy bigger than you.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
You can make money by Folding, right? I'm not sure how that works but I know if you fold for EVGA, they give you some discounts on their products.

Either way, folding on your Mac would probably take a very long time.

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
see most people know what they will do with their computer Before they buy it! ;)

Jae Hokes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2011
Well thanks everyone who posted legitimate answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.