Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mooperface

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2011
Why is it that you only can stream music with the airport express? I have a really old express...like 6 years and music is breaking up if i stream a youttubeclip at the same time or sometimes just out of the blue. I want to upgrade to fix this problem, but it seems that timecapsule or extrem both cant stream music.... is that true?

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Clicking on buy now for both the TC and the Airport Extreme takes you to a page not found.

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
EU
Stop trying to justify the ridiculous price. It really makes you look lame.

I actually think it's reasonable value for money ... and I'm not trolling. What 3 TB storage option would you compare it with? How much am I really overspending?

Slider

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2006
Wasn't the previous 1TB time capsule priced at 299.00 and the 2 TB at 499.00

Yes. In the UK we have £239 vs £396 (obviously get shafted on exchange rates)
Looks like you get a TB for free.

Last edited:

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
£399 for the 3TB, well done. more than three times the price of other 3TB drives.

They aren't going to sell many of them in the UK.

I checked at dabs.com. You can't even get an external 3TB drive for £133. The cheapest NAS with 3TB is £258 with fewer features. So nice rant, but would be good to stay with the truth.

Yes. In the UK we have £239 vs £396 (obviously get shafted on exchange rates)
Looks like you get a TB for free.

So what did you forget when you complained about the exchange rate?

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
They will sell like hotcakes I promise you. 3TB of storage for £399 is truly a breakthrough price when you consider all the really cool technology incorporated into the Time Capsule family of products. A Windows PC with a 3TB drive will cost you a lot more than £399 and will take up a lot more space, use more electricity and be prone to all the usual flaws associated with Microsoft products.

You don't even know enough of what you're on about to make something that reads correctly. This has nothing to do with Microsoft or computers. Time Capsule is a hard drive with a ariel stuck to it. If your intelligent enough to think this is value for money you'll soon be on Steve Jobs Christmas card list.

You can by Seagate and many other 3TB external drives for £130.

I guess the saying is still true. A fool and his money are easily parted.

Thex1138

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2009
Sydney, Australia
The Delta Force

TC backs up delta's rather than the whole thing...
Why back up unchanged system files and structures from one to the next repeatedly...
If user files and settings are all that change then just update those in the back up.
The data world is moving to the delta region...
:rolleyes:

World Citizen

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2011
You don't even know enough of what you're on about to make something that reads correctly. This has nothing to do with Microsoft or computers. Time Capsule is a hard drive with a ariel stuck to it. If your intelligent enough to think this is value for money you'll soon be on Steve Jobs Christmas card list.

You can by Seagate and many other 3TB external drives for £130.

I am with you... its a lot of money.

But your Seagate has no Router or Accespoint and cannot intergrate in you Apple network as well as the TC.

gkpm

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2010
Time Capsule is a hard drive with a ariel stuck to it. You can by Seagate and many other 3TB external drives for £130.

Do those Seagate drives work as a NAS, have dual band Wifi or just wifi for that matter - or work as a Wifi router with 4 gigabit ports?

Hard drive with a ariel [sic] stuck to it.

Think I see who the fool is in this story.

jowie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2004
London ish
£399 for the 3TB, well done. more than three times the price of other 3TB drives.

They aren't going to sell many of them in the UK.
Where are you buying your 3TB drives from? An internal drive (Hitachi Deskstar - just the drive on its own!) costs £129. The Time Capsule is much much more.

And where did you get £399 from? They haven't listed them in the UK yet.

Hardtimes

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2011
Seriously embarrassing for apple.
Selling last years technology with added space, with ZERO innovation. Lazy.

Its as if they are opening the doors to the competition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.