Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KillerTree

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

My iPhone seems to hold its charge way worse and it's still under warranty. How does Apple test to see if I'm qualified for a free battery replacement?

I'm asking this because I don't want to drive 1 hour and 20 minutes to be told I'm not qualified.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

My iPhone seems to hold its charge way worse and it's still under warranty. How does Apple test to see if I'm qualified for a free battery replacement?

I'm asking this because I don't want to drive 1 hour and 20 minutes to be told I'm not qualified.

I had my launch day i4 swapped out (for a brand new model as it tuned out! :D ) at my local Apple store a few weeks back.

The battery wasn't lasting more than a few hours, so he connected using some kit on his iPhone, ran some tests and told me it was a "software issue".

I pointed out that I had the same poor battery life on 4.3.2 and that it continued even after I went to 4.3.3, so he then offered a swap.

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise

Their diagnostic software will pull up your usage history including how much usage you get out of it and how much standby time you get out of it.

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010

Any reason you're asking the same exact question on the iPad forums ... https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1174822/? I won't pass judgment but very rare for both of your devices to be deteriorating at the same time.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
I had my launch day i4 swapped out (for a brand new model as it tuned out! :D ) at my local Apple store a few weeks back.

The battery wasn't lasting more than a few hours, so he connected using some kit on his iPhone, ran some tests and told me it was a "software issue".

I pointed out that I had the same poor battery life on 4.3.2 and that it continued even after I went to 4.3.3, so he then offered a swap.

Curious how you got a brand new one ? I'm assuming you mean in the white box with all new headphones. etc.

Applecare told me this process will never happen because they have to use an upgrade to give a brand new one.

the.sheepdog

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2009
Central FL
Don't believe it. Apple and ATT can do anything the decide to want to do. I was asked 4 months early if I would stay with ATT. I told them I didn't know yet and was looking around at Sprint.

They came back with a free white iP4 not an upgrade. They did want a new 2 yr contract however. That isn't a biggie as I was going to stay anyway.

So like I said before, Apple and ATT can do whatever they want. Mine was over the phone and shipped to my door.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Don't believe it. Apple and ATT can do anything the decide to want to do. I was asked 4 months early if I would stay with ATT. I told them I didn't know yet and was looking around at Sprint.

They came back with a free white iP4 not an upgrade. They did want a new 2 yr contract however. That isn't a biggie as I was going to stay anyway.

So like I said before, Apple and ATT can do whatever they want. Mine was over the phone and shipped to my door.

I've been with AT&T over 10 years (even when it kept switching to Cingular), bill over 100$ every month and never missed a payment.

I have never gotten a free upgrade and have told them I would move over before, etc.

You got extremely lucky.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.