Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
congrats you guys. :)

Now we need a grammar nazi mod to correct common typos and bad english :p

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
looks like Hellhammer upgraded his avatar along with the promotion...looks like a much larger axe :)

We get bigger avatars (100x100 vs 75x75) and my old 'tar at that resolution didn't look that good. I wanted to keep the same theme though because people often recognize my posts because of my 'tar. Nermal already named the axe as BanAxe™ :p

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Normally when a new batch* of Mods is announced there are a few names I'm unfamiliar with, but on this occasion all the new recruits are names I know. They all look to be a solid choices, and I hope everything goes well with their new duties. Good luck, chaps.

* Does anyone know the correct collective noun? A 'ban' of Mods? ;)

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Normally when a new batch* of Mods is announced there are a few names I'm unfamiliar with, but on this occasion all the new recruits are names I know. They all look to be a solid choices, and I hope everything goes well with their new duties. Good luck, chaps.

* Does anyone know the correct collective noun? A 'ban' of Mods? ;)
Yes it is helpful when mods are picked that people actually have heard of.

d4rkc4sm

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2011
any bets hellhammer will be the first of the new batch to be moderator emertius? :D

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Congrats to the new mods! Maybe it's my imagination, but it already seems like spam posts that I report are getting deleted faster than they where a little while ago, I'm assuming it's because of more mods to deal with them. So keep up the good work.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
That's because HH is a machine. I go to take care of them and he's already done it.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Good to see that we finally have a mod who comes from the Home of Metal.

:cool:

Wikipedia said:
Black Sabbath and the many metal bands they inspired have concentrated lyrically "on dark and depressing subject matter to an extent hitherto unprecedented in any form of pop music..."

Living in the West Midlands inspires you to write those sort of lyrics. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.