Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chainprayer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
I am going to be purchasing my very first iPad in a month, and I'm lost as to which case to get. I want a blend of aesthetics and functionality, and I'm afraid of purchasing a case that's not right for me.

What are some of the better cases out there? Is the magnetic cover all that good? I've also been considering the Zaggmate case with a Bluetooth keyboard, but I'm not sure how well it would work with the case clipped on the back, using only the touch interface.

I would greatly appreciate any advice the MR community has as I venture into the world of the iPad. :)

pchan87

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2011
I am a satisfied waterfield customer - I have about 5 pieces from them -sleeves, bags and other items - Gary makes quality stuff.

http://www.sfbags.com

yeah sfbags is a nice site

also look at the AViiQ cases, they look nice and looks like it'll protect it from minor drops both companies are a little pricey but cases generally run at least 30$ for a decent one

epicmar

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008
Northern Florida
I recommend that you take a look at the Maroo cases. They have several options in a variety of materials and looks. I switched from a very thin cheap leather case to the Maroo premium leather case (the less expensive nylon and nylon/leather cases also look very nice). I wasn't sure if I would like the thicker form, but with the extra protection and the way that almost the entire bezel is uncovered during use, I don't give the extra thickness a second thought. Also seems to be a top notch company that stands behind their product.

Check them out at http://www.maroo.com/

TheUndertow

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2011
Tons of options for a case.

Do you want a leather one, or a "book/moleskin" look, or is protection the most important?

I've got two DodoCases that I'm digging...they fall more in the aesthetic category and tend to have the same drawbacks as any "traditional" bookbinding might, but i'ma fan.

Tons of threads in this forum to see pics and user feedback on cases as well!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.