Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
It keeps crashing about 4 or 5 times a day. If I quickly change windows it freezes the Safari just goes to a White screen with an empty address bar and I have to reboot. If I don't reboot sometimes it catches back up.

It's an IPad 2 latest software any ideas?

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
It keeps crashing about 4 or 5 times a day. If I quickly change windows it freezes the Safari just goes to a White screen with an empty address bar and I have to reboot. If I don't reboot sometimes it catches back up.

It's an IPad 2 latest software any ideas?

Sounds like a slow Internet connection.

patrickj

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
Texas
How many pages do you have open when it crashes? And how many apps are showing in the Multitasking Bar? Have you tried clearing the cache and an iPad restart?

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
It crashes at one or two windows open usually. Tried clearing cache and restarting. If I disconnect wi-fi sometimes it comes back on.

Lately it's stopped remembering my Facebook passwords but my PC has done the same? :confused:

I don't understand why it crashes. I can be browsing and it just locks up and I can't do anything in the Safari window. Only a reboot or wi-fi disconnection solves it and it has only happened past week or so.

patrickj

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
Texas
It crashes at one or two windows open usually. Tried clearing cache and restarting. If I disconnect wi-fi sometimes it comes back on.

Lately it's stopped remembering my Facebook passwords but my PC has done the same? :confused:

I don't understand why it crashes. I can be browsing and it just locks up and I can't do anything in the Safari window. Only a reboot or wi-fi disconnection solves it and it has only happened past week or so.

Have you looked at how many apps you've got showing in the Multitasking Bar?

Is it specific sites that usually crash or any site at all?

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Have you looked at how many apps you've got showing in the Multitasking Bar?

Is it specific sites that usually crash or any site at all?

If I double tap it comes up with them all but I'm not multi tasking just using Safari..

And it can be any site.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
If I double tap it comes up with them all but I'm not multi tasking just using Safari..

And it can be any site.

Have you tried clearing those out and then using Safari? Clearing my apps always seems to make Safari run a little smoother.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
I've noticed a pattern usually it crashes when I have two windows open or more and it has the little loading sign a if I'm loading a new page even if it's loaded and I maybe switch to a new window to try and move down the page and it crashes.

Done a reset of settings no use will I have to wipe it and re sync the iPad?

zhoulana

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2011
See if help :):)

Tap Settings, then tap Safari on the left side. Then on the right side - tap clear history, clear cookies, clear cache. Clear all three. Reboot your iPad. Hold down on the sleep button at the top until the red slider appears and slide to power off. Then hold down on the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and the iPad will restart. Launch Safari and see if helped.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
See if help :):)

Tap Settings, then tap Safari on the left side. Then on the right side - tap clear history, clear cookies, clear cache. Clear all three. Reboot your iPad. Hold down on the sleep button at the top until the red slider appears and slide to power off. Then hold down on the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and the iPad will restart. Launch Safari and see if helped.

All in one go I guess?

Done both before but did a hard reset last night. I will give it a go in this order see if it makes any difference.

jonrando

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2011
Try restoring the iPad and see if that helps. Set it up as a new iPad after the restore and then sync everything back to it.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Safari is still crashing on Ios 4.3.5.

Try using it a few hours and expect two crashes still found no fix for this.

Only thing I've not tried is another wi-fi but I'm rarely using it out and about to see.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Do a full DFU restore, if that doesn't fix it then you may have a hardware problem.

I ran it with a full restore for 3 hours as a new set up never put anything on it and Safari keeps crashing.

People suggested hardware before but came to the conclusion that third party browsers work fine and I've not got a single hardware fault with it that some how it's software.

ninerfan

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2011
Just a suggestion. Download and use Terra for a while. Great tabbed browser, fast and stable. See if that works out better for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.