Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ach111es

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2010
There's a little niggle in texting, it won't go to the next line of you fill one to the end with text. This forces you to use the return button which capitalizes automatically. That was kinda an annoying bug.

mohammadmirza

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2008
1) Subscribing to podcasts and downloading of new episodes without syncing or going into the iTunes app to download individual podcasts.

I really can't believe they don't already have this, considering they claim to be 'pc free' now...

Let's hope they add a subscribe feature soon. Until then try Instacast in the app store.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
I really can't believe they don't already have this, considering they claim to be 'pc free' now...

Let's hope they add a subscribe feature soon. Until then try Instacast in the app store.

this could be coming in the official release for iOS 5, just could be it wasn't totally ready to demo or for the beta as yet, we're only on beta 1 and it could be easily not included, we don't have wifi sync enabled yet.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
this could be coming in the official release for iOS 5, just could be it wasn't totally ready to demo or for the beta as yet, we're only on beta 1 and it could be easily not included, we don't have wifi sync enabled yet.

I am inclied to agree with this person, also given the nature of wireless sync it is possible that as other people have stated that it will simply search for new podcasts overnight with Itunes and sync while you sleep.

however as for the issue of a laptop being turned off apple would have to provide a workaround for that.

drewc1138

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
My favorite new feature...the lack of the "This accessory is not designed for this iPhone" popup. That got annoying real quick.

xfmym

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2011
SMS text tones changed

the sms text tones are condensed versions of the text tones found in ios 4
:apple:

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
Not sure if it's been mentioned, at least I couldn't find it on this thread. You can email multiple photos in one message now. Select the photos you want, tap share, and then email.

Also, the "No SIM Card Installed" popup follows the new notification system on the lockscreen (I suppose that was expected)

photo1k.png
photo2x.png

Kind of pointless but I wanted to contribute!

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
Not sure if it's been mentioned, at least I couldn't find it on this thread. You can email multiple photos in one message now. Select the photos you want, tap share, and then email.

Also, the "No SIM Card Installed" popup follows the new notification system on the lockscreen (I suppose that was expected)

photo1k.png
photo2x.png

Kind of pointless but I wanted to contribute!

You could always send multiple photos in an email.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
You could always send multiple photos in an email.

What's worse, the "5 photos per e-mail" limit is still there. If you select more than 5 photos in the Photo app, the e-mail option is gone. It's been like that for more than 2 years (at least since iOS 3.0) AFAIK.

Of course, if you want to attach more than 5 photos into the e-mail, you can always add more photos to the e-mail by copy and paste.

EDIT:

You can send (up to 5) photos via e-mail by the following method:
1. Open Photos app
2. Go to your camera roll or albums
3. Tap the arrow icon on the top right corner
4. Select multiple photos
5. Tap "Share"
6. Tap "E-mail"

jap1198

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
I don't know if it's a glitch or a new feature but those little emoji's now take over text. For example, if someone writes :) or <3 it translates it into it's corresponding emoji icon. I'll see if I can post a screenshot later.

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5248d Safari/6533.18.5)

jap1198 said:
I don't know if it's a glitch or a new feature but those little emoji's now take over text. For example, if someone writes :) or <3 it translates it into it's corresponding emoji icon. I'll see if I can post a screenshot later.

Wouldn't that only work if you have the emoji keyboard enabled?

captain kaos

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2008
UK
i hope they have a front facing LED because having it on the rear is stupid! So lets see what the iphone5 has...but with iOS5 and iPhone 5 its going to be unstoppable.

blackberry + iphone = EPIC PHONE!!!

blackberry now has some major catching up to do, if the LED feature is true and with iMessage theres nothing left for blackberry

Well, im def coming back to iphone from BB!

jap1198

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
That doesn't happen to me. :confused:
Well this is what happens when I type in <3 and that little arrow thing also changes. Even when I delete the Emoji keyboard it's still there. It also seems to only work in the Facebook app. Like I said before, I guess it's just a little glitch.

Attachments

• 275.jpg
    275.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 117

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Can you customize the SMS text tones?...thats the only thing I'm interested in?

it looks like this will be the case on the launch of iOS5, in beta it looks like we have the option to buy new tones for SMS and email, but without it enabled via itunes, we cannot actually do it in beta

Well this is what happens when I type in <3 and that little arrow thing also changes. Even when I delete the Emoji keyboard it's still there. It also seems to only work in the Facebook app. Like I said before, I guess it's just a little glitch.

weird, don't work for me, i know you can put emoji's in FB, but not just by doing <3

youngsunnz

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2008
I dont know if this has been mentioned but when you press the home button three times for multitasking and swipe to the right twice you get a volume option.

Attachments

• photo-2.PNG
    photo-2.PNG
    978 KB · Views: 114
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.