Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
But we don't care about haters, and we are not blind, in fact we can see better. We know what we like and thoroughly enjoy the aesthetics and it's not a blind admiration, but a well thought out one that all of the earth agrees with, Americas, Asia, Europe, everyone loves apple. We are not blind. We have great reasons to believe what we believe.

If all the earth loves apple. Why is Microsoft winning in the sales of computers. Why is android winning in smart phone sales.

Pmoser, just quit while your ahead, before the headache you get from banging your head against the wall sets in. ;)

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Only an immature child posts “iPhone is great! Android sucks.” Just stick with “iPhone is great!” There’s really no reason to mention Android here. If I wanted to hear about Android, I’d be on an Android forum, not here.

radiogoober

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
Only an immature child posts “iPhone is great! Android sucks.” Just stick with “iPhone is great!” There’s really no reason to mention Android here. If I wanted to hear about Android, I’d be on an Android forum, not here.

Android is generic garbage. The only reason there's a lot of copies of it out there is because it gets spammed on every crappy handset on the market. Probably 95% of Android users don't know they are actually running Android.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Welcome to pretty much any forum that ever existed. If there was a forum about knitting, people will find ways to argue in one. A world of cyber bullies and internet tough guys.

Apple can be polarizing and MacRumors happens to be a large community. There probably is more activity around here than general Android forums and cell phone boards like Howard Forums. This isn't just Apple-centric. Look at the thread about what is our favorite dumb phone or which phone would we have if iPhone didn't exist? Many posters know their smartphones and followed other brands before. There is even a thread somewhere here showing people's Android homescreen or if we use both an iPhone AND Android phone together? It is a big community that isn't here to praise iPhone all day. Many have experiences with other OSes and are duel-wielders or perhaps own a MacBook but carry around a non-iOS phone or tablet. I personally don't think anyone should care. Like what you like. Nobody really cares if you think a particular OS is your favorite or the best evah!

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
Android is generic garbage. The only reason there's a lot of copies of it out there is because it gets spammed on every crappy handset on the market. Probably 95% of Android users don't know they are actually running Android.

Do you seriously believe that? There's no way you can be this ignorant. There are lots of Android handsets out there because it is open source and has been adopted by most phone companies. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
Why should iPhone fans be forced to defend Android? Why be fake about it? Android simply can not compete with the iPhone. I find more Android users going back to iPhone then iPhone users going back to Android.

Learn your facts. Yes I agree the iPhone is great. It lacks in some areas that I can overlook but to say that android can't compete with the iPhone is false.

Android have a variety of phones at different prices points (bigger market)
Android is fragmented
Android marketplace is more open then the App store

The iPhone was one of the first truly revolutionary smartphones meaning the average consumer felt the need to get one.
iOS does lack some features but iOS 5 took the good of android and implemented it in the OS.
Having one phone avoids fragmentation, reduces the market demographic
Having a closed App store avoids fragmentation.

I believe Android will occupy a bigger market share over time. Use whatever phone is best for you.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I think it's really peculiar too. This is an Apple forum. I can't for the life of me imagine being such a lifeless loser to troll the Android or HP or whatever forums. It's so strange they hang out here and just crap on Apple software and hardware.

Apple makes more than the iPhone. It's possible to have a Mac, iPod, iPad and an Android phone. :rolleyes:

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Because half the posts that trash Android are by people who have no idea what they are talking about. The posts are completely wrong and inaccurate.

We're not defending Android, we're just simply saying that you're wrong.

Last edited:

mrmacosx

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
Please dont resort to calling people names.

The same can be said "blindingly ignorant" to those who think iOS is not in a class of it's own meaning you have no taste for fashion or design or aesthetics.

Every time someone tries to downplay the iOS we know you are just jealous.

Are you so blind you can't tell the difference between something elegant and something 2nd rate?

Who ARE these people? Stop saying we are fanboys. Apple is the envy of planet earth.

Act like it.

Every time you try to downplay Android we know it's only because you are just jealous.

It goes two ways.

Way to prove tbayrgs's point, btw.

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

Where did you pull '95%' out from?

Because half the posts that trash Android are by people who have no idea what they are talking about. The posts are completely wrong and inaccurate.

We're not defending Android, we're just simply saying that you're wrong.

Exactly what I wanted to say :)

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
If you notice in this thread it's the same usual suspects too.

Its obvious what their hidden agenda is.

Undercover Apple haters.

Some guy with a 3GS just tried to say someone didn't know first hand whatever they were talking about when he has 2 year old tech. Sure if you got the old screen and slower phone you think Android has caught up. Haha.

Man these threads are so indicative of jealousy.

People can't handle that everything is not equal. In life and in phones.

Ugly people always try to say looks don't matter and good looking people just ignore them.

If people honestly think nobody is better or superior than anyone else than they are living in a very sad, very fake, very insecure reality.

You guys are racing around the track and iPhone is already at the finish line.

mrmacosx

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
If you notice in this thread it's the same usual suspects too.

Its obvious what their hidden agenda is.

Undercover Apple haters.

Some guy with a 3GS just tried to say someone didn't know first hand whatever they were talking about when he has 2 year old tech. Sure if you got the old screen and slower phone you think Android has caught up. Haha.

Man these threads are so indicative of jealousy.

People can't handle that everything is not equal. In life and in phones.

Ugly people always try to say looks don't matter and good looking people just ignore them.

If people honestly think nobody is better or superior than anyone else than they are living in a very sad, very fake, very insecure reality.

You guys are racing around the track and iPhone is already at the finish line.

Everybody's got a hidden agenda, haven't they? What's yours?

Let me answer for you, since that seems to be what you enjoy doing- "there's no hidden agenda- it's clear to the world".

Mr Jobs, you're not as convincing as you think you are :rolleyes:

If you're a typical iPhone user... wow haughty much?

Haven't been on here for a year and you remind me why I left this place, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Everybody's got a hidden agenda, haven't they? What's yours?

Let me answer for you, since that seems to be what you enjoy doing- "there's no hidden agenda- it's clear to the world".

Mr Jobs, you're not as convincing as you think you are :rolleyes:

If you're a typical iPhone user... wow haughty much?

Haven't been on here for a year and you remind me why I left this place, unfortunately.

My hidden agenda is truth.

I'm more interested in truth than allowing everyone equal opinions like children on a playground. Truth is useful. That's why people come on message boards. If you want to have an opinion-festival go on twitter.

On a proper board, truth should thrive.

You guys don't realize that your jealousy makes you downplay the iPhones' position on the throne, and the best choice in phones period -- by a longshot.

This does not lead to truth and is useless.

Bias is not cool. Lying to reach a favorable outcome for your chosen device is not cool.

Truth should prevail.

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State

You got negative for this line.

Just cause you prefer good looking people doesn't mean everyone does. And those who don't think looks matter are lucky (I'm not saying I'm one of those, I am shallow in that looks do matter to me). Because they can focus on the more imporant aspect of some one, their personality, how honest they are, how good a person they are, etc.

And in general, you're wrong. Sometimes a spade is a spade. Sometimes when some one says they don't like something... *gasp* they don't like it. Just cause you disagree with them or don't have the same priorities doesn't make them only saying that cause they're jealous. The fact you feel that means you have no ability to comprehend any different point of view other than your own.

As to the OP's question, I do find it annoying the amount of flaming the iphone we get on this forum. It's a freaking iphone forum. Have some respect and if you must say something against the item the forum is dedicated to, at least do it with tact. It's one thing to have calm discussion on the differences of the phone (this one has a larger screen, this one operates this way), but it gets really annoying listening to android fans who go, "Only people who don't know how to get around tech like the iphone." or "only fanboys who refuse to admit they're wrong (or alternatively you must be a fanboy since you think the iphone is better than <insert phone of choice>)" and other things along those lines.

I think I have to agree with some one else, it would be nice to be able to discuss these things without people resorting to insults (including labeling people as fanboys any time they defend their choice of phone as a way of trying to make it seem like their opinion shouldn't count).

maclaptop

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2011
Western Hemisphere
Actually it's simple really.

I buy and enjoy both iPhones and Androids.

They are both excellent in their own different ways.

Those who cannot appreciate the differences are the ones that lose.

It's that simple. :)

mrmacosx

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007

I'm more interested in truth than allowing everyone equal opinions like children on a playground. Truth is useful. That's why people come on message boards. If you want to have an opinion-festival go on twitter.

You guys don't realize that your jealousy makes you downplay the iPhones' position on the throne, and the best choice in phones period -- by a longshot.

This does not lead to truth and is useless.

Bias is not cool. Lying to reach a favorable outcome for your chosen device is not cool.

Truth should prevail.

So what you're saying is that your opinion = the truth? :rolleyes:

You may think that the iPhone is the best choice in phones, and I completely respect that. Doesn't mean it is the best choice for everyone.

So you know what? You're right, truth should prevail, and bias is not cool. But your statement is not 'truth', it's 'opinion'. It's also a horribly biased opinion too.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Actually it's simple really.

I buy and enjoy both iPhones and Androids.

They are both excellent in their own different ways.

Those who cannot appreciate the differences are the ones that lose.

It's that simple. :)

That is absolutely not the way you would describe the way things are right now if you wanted to give someone who didn't know anything a truthful honest assessment of the way things are.

It's more like iPhone does all the basics much better and android has a few perks (less now after notifications) that make it a better choice to only a unique market.

Assuming you don't carry around multiple items unnecessarily, the argument is that one would make the smartest choice based on their wants and needs.

Now if your wants include a bias towards apple in the decision making process, that end-opinion is not helpful to someone who doesnt share that hatred for Apple and the so called "form over function" debate.

Therefore a pattern of subliminals emerges. I can already notice 3 people who historically fit this subliminal pattern in this very thread.

mrmacosx

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
That is absolutely not the way you would describe the way things are right now if you wanted to give someone who didn't know anything a truthful honest assessment of the way things are.

It's more like iPhone does all the basics much better and android has a few perks (less now after notifications) that make it a better choice to only a unique market.

Assuming you don't carry around multiple items unnecessarily, the argument is that one would make the smartest choice based on their wants and needs.

Now if your wants include a bias towards apple in the decision making process, that end-opinion is not helpful to someone who doesnt share that hatred for Apple and the so called "form over function" debate.

Therefore a pattern of subliminals emerges. I can already notice 3 people who historically fit this subliminal pattern in this very thread.

Truth should prevail.

Take your own advice some time, will you?

Jagardn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2011
If all the earth loves apple. Why is Microsoft winning in the sales of computers. Why is android winning in smart phone sales.

To answer both of your questions, there are a ****load of them on the market and they are inexpensive.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
I honestly felt that Android OS > iOS before iOS 5. But after the WWDC event, I felt that I could use my iPhone as a true smartphone again, and iOS > all other mobile OS, imo.

skier777

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
Android is well designed and free. Despite this site being named Macrumors, its not just a cult for people willing to lick Steve's shoes. People recognize that other companies make quality products and offer their opinions of that. Nothing wrong with that from my perspective.

I have a Mac, i love it, but I also think lenovo/ibm make great computers. Most of the things discussed on these boards are not black and white issues, but most people make them out to be.

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
People love to defend things they have, or like.

Most of us hates to admit "I got an [insert your gadget here], but honestly it sucks, I shouldn't buy it in the first place. Damn was I wrong"

Most of us like "I own $200 Monster HDMI Cable, and the difference is night and day!!!" .. the keyword is I OWN

People want to convince themselves that they had bought the best option available. No matter it's Mac this, iWhatever, Android that, Alienware something. You own it, you'd defend it as much as possible

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Take your own advice some time, will you?

I haven't made any statements. I haven't brought up any topic points for you to say that about. There is no arguments or opinions/ideas on the table. The scope of this is not details.

If I was arguing it would be choppy scrolling, laggy behavior, and generic design.

Now just like in science we can have theories and experiments, in conversations/debates we can employ logic using the rules of sound reasoning and critical thinking.

People always say opinion this opinion that butthat is more of a social PC notion to not make anyone feel bad or defensive. But when aspiring to find truth, methods can be used to reach logical conclusions.

In a logical debate the iPhone is clearly a winner, but they know that so they use sleeze tactics to try to downplay the glory of Apple like it's just another equal contender with subliminals and choice of phrases that indirectly try to attack the notion that iPhone is the best and there is no competition arguably.

They can't argue straight on directly so they try to do it in sneaky round about ways and it's all with the intent to get under our skin.

It's like aggie said, it's an iPhone message board! Have some respect and come back when Galaxy S 3 come out, maybe we can have a reasonable debate then.

I am not afraid or angry at the idea of a phone beating the iPhone, but I do get annoyed when people subliminally act like it has already happened when it clearly hasn't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.