Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tracetritt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
Northwestern Wisconsin, USA
Hey, I'm currently in the process of doing some research before I purchase an iPad and a couple of Apple TV's. I'm wondering if it's possible to airplay from one iPad to two Apple TV's at the same time and have both show the same content?

If it's not possible with Airplay, are there any other methods that would work for getting content from the iPad to two Apple TV's?

The other thing that looked interesting was the video mirroring option. It seems like the video mirroring uses airplay so would it be safe to assume that we can also get sound from the mirroring function on the iPad?

Thank you very much!

radiogoober

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
Hey, I'm currently in the process of doing some research before I purchase an iPad and a couple of Apple TV's. I'm wondering if it's possible to airplay from one iPad to two Apple TV's at the same time and have both show the same content?

If it's not possible with Airplay, are there any other methods that would work for getting content from the iPad to two Apple TV's?

The other thing that looked interesting was the video mirroring option. It seems like the video mirroring uses airplay so would it be safe to assume that we can also get sound from the mirroring function on the iPad?

Thank you very much!

The only possible way I could ever imagine this working is using one Apple TV and two TVs. Split the signal (HDMI) coming out of the Apple TV and send it to both TVs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.