Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Jul 3, 2011, 03:15 PM   #1
pcomac
macrumors regular

Question when does microcenter sale ends?

so im going to buy MBP 13 from them because of the sale they have. the thing is, i wont be able to go there until next week. usually sales dont last long in stores so im really worried that this sale wont last. does anyone know when does the microcenter sale/deal ends?
pcomac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2011, 03:16 PM   #2
dukebound85
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcomac View Post
so im going to buy MBP 13 from them because of the sale they have. the thing is, i wont be able to go there until next week. usually sales dont last long in stores so im really worried that this sale wont last. does anyone know when does the microcenter sale/deal ends?
it has been going on forever. i wouldnt worry
dukebound85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2011, 04:01 PM   #3
Dark Void
macrumors 68000

you should be more than fine for next week.
Dark Void is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2011, 04:06 PM   #4
jesterscourt
macrumors regular

It ends today in Atlanta, as I asked the manager, thinking about buying another MBP as a gift.
jesterscourt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2011, 04:27 PM   #5
pcomac
macrumors regular

^ what about the one in duluth?
on the website it says "in-store pick up only". does it mean you have to order online and cant buy this deal in stores?
Old Jul 3, 2011, 04:36 PM   #6
The Mad Mule
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesterscourt View Post
It ends today in Atlanta, as I asked the manager, thinking about buying another MBP as a gift.
What. This better not be true!

EDIT: I just called the SoCal store, in the Apple department. The guy said that there's no way of knowing until tomorrow, which is when the prices for the week are set. Sooo shoot, looks like some of us will have to rush out there and get one today.

Last edited by The Mad Mule; Jul 3, 2011 at 04:54 PM.
The Mad Mule is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2011, 04:41 PM   #7
jmjm003
macrumors newbie

Quote:
on the website it says "in-store pick up only". does it mean you have to order online and cant buy this deal in stores?
You can buy in store too. I picked mine up last week at their Marietta location.
jmjm003 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2011, 05:30 PM   #8
jesterscourt
macrumors regular

Quote:
I was referring to that one, the one off of Pleasant Hill. I'd suggest you head over ASAP. In-store pickup only means you need to go and pick it up to get that deal, they aren't going to ship it to you for that price. You can basically pay for it online, and it'll be ready to pickup in 18 minutes at the front.
jesterscourt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2011, 05:36 PM   #9
pcomac
macrumors regular

noooooooooooooo!
why?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
do you think there will be another sale coming before end of august?
Old Jul 3, 2011, 05:48 PM   #10
The Mad Mule
macrumors member

Quote:
I was referring to that one, the one off of Pleasant Hill. I'd suggest you head over ASAP. In-store pickup only means you need to go and pick it up to get that deal, they aren't going to ship it to you for that price. You can basically pay for it online, and it'll be ready to pickup in 18 minutes at the front.
Do you know how long they hold it for? I assume 24 hours? Possibly 12?

EDIT: Oh, they hold it for three business days. Probably not at the price it was at during the time though.

Last edited by The Mad Mule; Jul 3, 2011 at 05:53 PM.
The Mad Mule is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2011, 07:30 PM   #11
Kyllle
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they just say that to make you buy one, especially if they know you're considering buying and not just browsing.

Same thing when sales say "Limit _ per customer." They want you to think the sale is really good, so you'll buy more then just 1 item, since there's a "limit." Obviously there are some exceptions to this, such as Black Friday, when stores lose money on most of the super good deals. In most cases though, they'd rather you buy more.

But about the Microcenter sale, I doubt it will end this week after they've had it for months. I guess you never know, it's just unlikely.
Kyllle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2011, 07:36 PM   #12
awer25
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Mule View Post
Do you know how long they hold it for? I assume 24 hours? Possibly 12?

EDIT: Oh, they hold it for three business days. Probably not at the price it was at during the time though.
Yes, at that price. If you order online for in-store pickup, you have X amount of days to pick it up. They won't charge you more if the price changes, b/c you already paid. I'm assuming you looked it up and X=3 days.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 08:10 PM   #13
pcomac
macrumors regular

i dont understand how they are making money by selling it at a lower price than apple. dont they get their things from apple? hmmm........... is the quality different?
Old Jul 3, 2011, 08:12 PM   #14
awer25
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
i dont understand how they are making money by selling it at a lower price than apple. dont they get their things from apple? hmmm........... is the quality different?
It's the exact same, and they could be losing some money on it but they hope you'll buy more stuff while you're there. That's why it's in-store only. When you go to Microcenter you'll see - it's too awesome of a store not to buy anything else (which is what they're banking on).
Old Jul 3, 2011, 08:13 PM   #15
soco
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
They're making money because fellas like you are likely to go, "Oh boy! It's on sale!" and plop down a thousand bucks and get one.

Basic marketing. Company A offers the same product as Company B, but at a lower price. The hope is that they will sell 20 of that product at 5% less than Company B sells 10 of that product at regular price.

In the end, Company A made more money.
Contribute to MacRumors: Become a Demi-God!
soco is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2011, 08:35 PM   #16
Apple OC
macrumors 68040

Quote:
noooooooooooooo!
why?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
do you think there will be another sale coming before end of august?
There will be more $999 Microcenter sales ... they seem to have them on sale more than not
Old Jul 3, 2011, 08:40 PM   #17
Kyllle
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they just say that to make you buy one, especially if they know you're considering buying and not just browsing.

Same thing when sales say "Limit _ per customer." They want you to think the sale is really good, so you'll buy more then just 1 item, since there's a "limit." Obviously there are some exceptions to this, such as Black Friday, when stores lose money on most of the super good deals. In most cases though, they'd rather you buy more.

But about the Microcenter sale, I doubt it will end this week after they've had it for months. I guess you never know, it's just unlikely.
Kyllle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2011, 11:55 PM   #18
2ndname
macrumors member

Another option is, if there's a Best Buy within 20 miles away from the closest Micro Center you will be able to price match. Unsure what the range is for Apple stores.
2ndname is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2011, 10:25 PM   #19
jesterscourt
macrumors regular

Exclamation

I was curious about this, and went to the MC site a few hours ago. Still listed at 999. So I stand corrected. Willing to admit my ignorance.
jesterscourt is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro