Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
As a few of you know, comex wanted to talk to me by email. This is an exact copy of the emails to me. It appears that he confirms the JB release date. This may be a setup by him of some sort so take it as you want. EDIT: @jailbreakFiend I am not creating multiple accounts.

ReleaseDate.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
Like I said before. I'm not sure why he sent me this knowing I like to leak stuff. Maybe this was a setup by him? But assuming that is his real email, then this is legit.

jailbreakFiend

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2011
I just don't believe comex is that stupid that he would go right back to him to feed him more news about the jailbreak. it's either false or that isn't comex.

Edit: Also, why couldn't comex simply send multimediawill a private message instead of creating a thread so that everyone could see it? come on.

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
I just don't believe comex is that stupid that he would go right back to him to feed him more news about the jailbreak. it's either false or that isn't comex.

Well others have said thats the email he posts on twitter. So the 2 options here are 1. This is real information or 2. He is trolling me.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA

I don't think comex is as affected by the leak as most people think. I sensed no anger in his tweets after the leak.

Edit: Also, why couldn't comex simply send multimediawill a private message instead of creating a thread so that everyone could see it? come on.
You have to have a certain number of posts before you can pm. Since the account was created today, the quota was not met. It was mentioned in his initial post.

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
Maybe, only if the release is tomorrow.

Even though my iPad is jailbroken, I am also hoping the release is tomorrow just because the "beta" jailbreak is really buggy. I tried to use airplane mode (which doesnt work) and now my wifi wont connect to my router if i'm using a password.

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
It seems ridiculous that with people begging Comex for a release window every day that he would so easily give it to the guy who leaked his work.. and it wouldn't be hard to fake that exchange.

However, it is possible and I want the jailbreak tomorrow so I will suspend disbelief and go with it :p

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
It seems ridiculous that with people begging Comex for a release window every day that he would so easily give it to the guy who leaked his work.. and it wouldn't be hard to fake that exchange.

However, it is possible and I want the jailbreak tomorrow so I will suspend disbelief and go with it :p

I agree which is why I don't know if he was being truthful in the emails because why would he tell me (out of all ppl) the real release date. I can guarantee though, that those emails are not faked. All I did was print screen then bootcamp to windows 7 to block out my email using Paint.

EDIT: Also keep in mind this. Did I fake the iPad 2 jailbreak videos? No. I was the first legit person on youtube with a real working jb. I am not one to lie.

Chorx

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2011
I really don't see a reason to completely write this off as a troll attempt, I'm just extremely perplexed at the initial motive of the email. Not that anybody really needs a good reason to talk to another person, we are people after all...

If you don't mind me asking, Comex contacted you just to let you know that the jailbreak was still sailing smoothly, and that the leak didn't really anger him, or affect the jailbreak in the grand scheme of things, that it sped it up a bit, is he trying to react before apple?

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
MMW, I agree with AbyssImpact that said your respect level would go to -99999 only if what you said turns out to be correct. I also agree with what D3 said and I also want the jb to come out tomorrow, so I will suspend belief for now.

However, I have a couple of questions for you. After all that you have done and said, why should we believe you? While I let my anger get away with me twice over the last two days, something I rarely do, the way you acted was worse. Why all of a sudden are you being nice and giving an alleged release date? The other question I had was about when you said this -

Even though my iPad is jailbroken, I am also hoping the release is tomorrow just because the "beta" jailbreak is really buggy.

If it was so buggy, why did you release it? While I so don't condone what you did of course, it seems like you would test things out completely and even give it to a very trusted person and have them test things out completely and not even leak it if there were even one problem with it. Why didn't you tell Comex that you got the file and saw some problems?

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
MMW, I agree with AbyssImpact that said your respect level would go to -99999 only if what you said turns out to be correct. I also agree with what D3 said and I also want the jb to come out tomorrow, so I will suspend belief for now.

However, I have a couple of questions for you. After all that you have done and said, why should we believe you? While I let my anger get away with me twice over the last two days, something I rarely do, the way you acted was worse. Why all of a sudden are you being nice and giving an alleged release date? The other question I had was about when you said this -

Even though my iPad is jailbroken, I am also hoping the release is tomorrow just because the "beta" jailbreak is really buggy.

If it was so buggy, why did you release it? While I so don't condone what you did of course, it seems like you would test things out completely and even give it to a very trusted person and have them test things out completely and not even leak it if there were even one problem with it. Why didn't you tell Comex that you got the file and saw some problems?

We should believe him because he's not really a liar. His moral code may not be in line with most, but he's not a troll.

badboikilla

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2011
Just wondering

Wait so would "tomorrow" be today (Monday) or tomorrow (Tuesday) sorry didn't know what timezone u guys are in

Stormcruzerlore

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2011
Minnasota
Looks promisng but not for me

Ok first thing i have ti say is if this was a real relese date why wold youmpost it on the forums wha if comex does not whant people to k ow have you thought that thats maybe why he dosent tell the expeted relise cus he wants it to be a supprise but sens you leaked the files im sure you could care less about comex secrates so you post his relese date.. It could be real it could be fake but what ever happans happans if its reiesed the great you gaind my respecy but if its not well then imgot mymhoopsmup formnothing and my respect leval for you drops to -100001.995 i hope this is tne truth to bad its monday and i have to wait tell tusday ugh

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Again?

He Will,

Did you ask Comex if you could release your alleged email conversations with him or did you just make the same "mistake" again???

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
I tell ya this much, if this turns out to be legit I will take back every single bad thing I have thought about you or said about you..I dont get why Comex of all people would be the one emailing you considering you leaked his stuff..can call it whatever you want, stole, found accidentally, whatever..whatever it is it was still leaked out..but if Comex really did contact you and this is coming out tomorrow then I will be the first person to come here and say that I apologize for everything I said..but if this turns out to be a big fat lie I will call you out on it too..so we will see what happens tomorrow

Likethemouse

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2011
No offense guys but the way comex types is similar to the ones in the emails and comex does things in his own ways that probably makes himself chuckle, like sundayfunday, or that leaked teaser that was 6/17/11 6:17:11.. Now how else better to leak the word about tomorrow than to the one who leaked the project lol.. Plus i think today was his target day anyway, fourth of july, and in a way its a "sundayFunday". Anyways i made on here cuz its too long to tweet if u think im a fake check my ****ter but im just sharing my thoughts cuz im excited :)

hoanganh

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2011
@MultiMediaWill: why don't you create a new macrumors account before starting this thread? it will be "easier to convince people" LOL

Jmouse

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2011
I waited so long that i have bought itunes gift card and chose to stay legit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.