Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mwohrlin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2011
With the new jailbreakme tool. It appears to jailbreak your phone by simply installing cydia. Could unjailbreaking be just as easy? Say like using cydelete?

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
You clearly have done zero research.

No. Jailbreakme does more than "install Cydia" and deleting Cydia doesn't unjailbreak your phone. Go into iTunes and restore, that will remove your JB.

lfc

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2010
Australia
No. To remove a Jailbreak, connect to iTunes and restore. Removing Cydia will do nothing but limit what you can do with your Jailbroken device, and even cause instability

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
Restore with iTunes and set up as new, if you truly want to delete any traces of the jailbreak. Cydia is just the browser that allows you to install tweaks and apps. Jailbreaking does a lot more behind the scenes that we don't see.

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
I would suggest researching what a jailbreak is before actually rocking a jailbroken phone. Ignorance will only result in a screwed up phone and endless post about "I bricked my phone, please help".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.