Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daddy280

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
So here is the real problem. My laptop crashed before I could backup my itunes music off of the computer. The motherboard/display is shot but the hard drive is still working. Anyway, now that I have a Mac, I need to sync to my Ipod to my Mac. I am fanatical about my music and I can lose my music playlists, covers, ratings and # of plays. I do have all of my music saved in a file without everything that I would like to bring over. If i sync my Ipod to the Mac it will wipe it clean or keep the music without updating the ratings and plays on the Mac version of my music. Anyone know of a way where I can sync and keep my music and have it update correctly on the Mac? I do have an older backup of my ipod somewhere, but it is windows formatted. Any way to keep everything on my Ipod and synch to my mac?

Thanks

njaremka

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2010
if the hard drive still works, get an external enclosure for it and plug it in. you shouldn't have any trouble getting the music from it.

Blondie :)

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
Prescott, AZ
expod for mac should be what you need. I had a hard drive crash too. But all I needed to do was use this software. It lets you pull all of your music off of your ipod. It allows you to browse through all of the files on your iPod as well. So, if you find the .plist file on your ipod, you should still have all of your song data as well

ESPN

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2011
if the hard drive still works, get an external enclosure for it and plug it in. you shouldn't have any trouble getting the music from it.

Where would someone be able to obtain an external enclosure?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.